Jockey Journal Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-19 of 115 Results
  1. New? Introduce yourself here!
    Hi y’all, just another old guy still in to choppers, I haven’t done one in 30 years because life happened, wife, house, kids, etc. but will be posting some pictures of some old bikes and the new one. I just finished last month. Ridgerunner 7.62
  2. New? Introduce yourself here!
    So here I am, finally on to the infamous jockey journal. I felt it was time to help and get helped by all of you as I've dug deeper into the niche parts of owning and building Harleys. Here are my two headless horses. 1948 Panhead 1975 Shovelhead
  3. The Board
    Been building my 74 Shovel Chopper and came to an issue on the front fork. I running a Durfee girder that measure 5 inches between the tubes. I'd like to run a disc brake plus an 80 spoke hub since I picked up an 80 spoke wheel that matches the rear. The rim is laced to a wide glide hub so I'll...
  4. New? Introduce yourself here!
    Yo, I’m new to the forum. I enjoy old choppers, jockey shifts, girders, and small fenders.
  5. The Board
    Hey all, I'm currently building a 70 XLCH chopper, I imported the bike into Australia from the US in parts. I bought it already as a hardtail, it's an earlier short frame with an unknown weld on hardtail. I'm trying to get the rear wheel set up and brake working correctly, chain aligned before...
  6. The Board
    I have a 77 ironhead chopper, electric start only that needs a battery and i'm struggling to find concise requirements for the bike. the original builder also made a stupid small battery tray so that's making it even harder to find something that will work. so far my understanding is that the...
  7. New? Introduce yourself here!
    David from Austin Tx. I have a few bikes (2003 Harley Heritage Softail, 1971 Triumph Daytona Chopper, 1981 CB750). I'm currently focusing on the 71 Triumph. Doing rewiring, wishing to change it from positive earth to negative earth...looking for info. This bike is very interesting. It has...
  8. The Board
    Many disagree with this decision, but... a mere six months after my chopper was finished, I am going to re-do it. It's not that I like wasting money, I have just changed my mind. That happens with A.D.D. In order to register my '57 in North Carolina, I had to hand in my New Jersey title. I...
  9. New? Introduce yourself here!
    Its my first post! Hey all - 45s, WLs G motors, I like all the 45 cu flatheads! My next project is this 1939 G motor that was set up as a chopper. It was sitting for at least 15 years in a back yard in Los Angeles area. I bought it a few moths ago for $2,000! Im panning on making a racer / with...
  10. The Board
    My chopper is almost complete. Engine break-in will be critical, so I was going to add a bicycle speedometer just to keep track of the initial miles on the bike for that all important first oil change and adjustments. Has anyone ever used one of those on a motorcycle before? Are they accurate...
  11. New? Introduce yourself here!
    Hey Everyone, A bit about me, Been riding since I was 15, (26 now) but haven't had the time or money due to school to invest in to a true project of my own, other than the maintenance and repairs on my '15 Yamaha XV950 and my '06 Dyna. I work out of shop in Brooklyn with some fellow bike...
  12. New? Introduce yourself here!
    Include info about your bike(s), your scene, your job, your projects, etc. I recently sold a 1973 Triumph I refurbished. When I was done it was red and 9ft long. I currently have a 2005 Yamaha Road Star 1700 that was in HORRENDOUS shape due to the previous owner, but I'm fixing that crap. I...
  13. The Board
    Anyone recognize this survivor Knucklehead chopper? I picked up the frame, a Fury springer fork, '36-'39 Knucklehead trans, and misc parts at an auction in Indiana last week. MORE PICS HERE From a comment on instagram, someone said they recognize it and that it was in Street Chopper back in...
  14. Parts For Sale
    CityAdaStateOHPricevariousGot a bunch of Ironhead parts i need to get rid of. 1977 Ironhead frame, no paperwork, nice straight frame w/swingarm $100 SOLD- 35mm Showa dual disc lowers (have axle caps, not shown) 35mm Kayaba tubes, 28" length, kinda rough $20 1000cc Primary cover, has a weld...
  15. The Board
    Wait?! What!? A long bike from Angry Monkey Motorcycles? Say it isn't so! Yep, it is for real, and it is also a "unit" bike to boot. This client build has been started for over a year but because of frame delays, outside of my realm of control, it is only now starting in earnest. The plan is...
  16. Bikes For Sale
    CityN Slat LakeStateUTPrice18,500 OBOA prime example of a 1970's chopper. This bike was built two years ago for myself, its been on two trips through Idaho and Montana and is a great bike that not only gets looks wherever it goes but also handles great and is very fun to ride. Bike was built to...
  17. The Board
    Just figured I'd show this sweet '59 survivor up I just picked up, was told it was chopped 40 years ago or so and been sitting for the last 20. Can't wait to get her ripping!! Needs a little engine work done and some wiring etc..., not sure if anyone knows a good old Brit shop in eastern or...
  18. Parts For Sale
    CityClancyStateMtPricevariesIf you are looking for that hero status, here is your chance.. old, crusty, and ready to make you look awesome.. Molded survivor Panhead chopper project. Really hate to sell this thing, but I am oh so close to finishing up the construction on my new shop and these...
  19. The Board
    As some of you know, i've been collecting parts to put a Pre-Unit Triumph together. Picked up a set of cases at Wauseon a couple years ago (intended for a trike project that seems to have gotten lost in the clutter...). Then i got an OE rigid frame that needs a little love. Those parts have...
1-19 of 115 Results