Jockey Journal Forum banner

rotax bonneville racers.

36K views 327 replies 42 participants last post by  Hoofhearted 
#1 ·
so i guess i'll start our own thread on our journey to bonneville 2011...so we decided to build 2 bikes neither will take too much trouble to build i dont think.motozombie and someguys from sodium distortion will help.we got the 600 rotax on the bench and kinda got it set as far as ground clearance goes...im so excited i cant see straight! i never do anything fun for the most part, cept dirtbikin in the mountains around here, so ithink goin to a m/c event like this will be pretty excitin!

#13 ·
i think were going to bubs cuz all the extra people at speed week could onset panic attacks and it seems a bit more low key for us novices. does anyone know if we can run the rtax wide open with a megaphone? i always ran with a muffler at the dirt track but thought maybe thered be performance benefits at redline. im not an engine guru

#14 ·
SpeedWeek is always great. Last year they ran three courses and not a lot of waiting. A the club meeting last Tuesday it was reported that there is talk of a fourth course for this year. Fantastic if it would happen. I can't think of any reason not to run an open megga. Re-jet as needed. At Bonneville you'll be re-jetting anyway.

#15 ·
Some of the ATK's came with a Super Trap exhaust. Why couldn't you find an old one with the adjustable back pressure plates and dial it in that way. You guys aren't cutting up the red bike are you? That flattracker looks like it would be a blast to ride.

#16 ·
no,the red bike aint gettin cut up.its marks bike,i was gonna make a aluminum tail section for it.as far as classes go,the red one will have to be in 650 ag i think.but i was thinkin with the white one might get cut up a bit,and i was tempted to build some aluminum partial streamlining that i could remove real easy.and i think bbrp can let us know excactly how to tune the exhaust.we should do bonneville shop days a couple saturdays/month.

#22 ·
Thats just the start. As soon as the salt bites his ass good and hard the sawzall will come out. : )

#27 ·
so,markus got the circle f bike tore down and sandblasted.he went to the paint supplier,and the guy who works there gave him a bunch of free paint.this was a tangerine pearl,so mark painted it,and today he started putting it back together.we got a badass 19" front tire.this bike should be done by the middle of next week.the other one will take longer cuz im gonna build full dunstall style fairings for it.ok,i post more pics now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.