Junk Motorcycle Magazine UK - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > The Jockey Journal Marketplace > Jock Shops

Old 12-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
Billy Whiz

Default Junk Motorcycle Magazine UK

Hey guys I just thought I'd give you a quick heads up that Junk Motorcycle Magazine is launching next week here in the UK and it will be available on subscription to folks in the US. It's strictly old school motorcycles with a twist plus the occasional rat rod or 2 & we don't take ourselves too seriously..
Anyone interested in subscribing whether in the UK or the US please email me at billywhiz22@yahoo.com or editor@junkmotorcyclemagazine.com

Thanks to Dragon for getting it done... Ta Doug!

Last edited by Billy Whiz; 12-03-2010 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Appropriate thanks..
Billy Whiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #2
Billy Whiz

Default Re: Junk Motorcycle Magazine UK

Btw - yes I can mail subs to Canada (or indeed anywhere in the world) it might take a day to find out the postage but I will get back to ALL enquirers!
Happy Xmas JJers.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
FLY49

Send a message via AIM to FLY49

Looks cool! best of luck with the mag Billy!
FLY49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:03 AM   #4
Billy Whiz

Hey thanks again to everyone that has subscribed so far! Junk really is a one man band - we don't have a "publicity" dept - it's just me but I couldn't have made this magazine happen without the help of a lot of good friends - bike builders and riders alike.. It's just the same with subscribers - we can't do it without your support guys -so thanks!
I would love to get one subscriber in every state of the union - off the top of my head we have AZ, NH, NC, so far BE THE FIRST IN YOUR STATE!
Junk subs cost $35 for one year plus a free extra issue (#1) - we publish Dec 8th 2010, March, June & Sept 2011 - quarterly but you get 5 issues if you subscribe now.
Paypal accepted billywhiz22@yahoo.com is the paypal address. I'm shipping next week.
Thanks once again & a Merry Xmas JJers.
Billy, editor Junk m/c Mag
Old 12-05-2010, 04:57 PM   #5
Druid73

am interested always liked some of the stuff from the UK AWoL comes to mind!! to bad it went under,, postage to the US ?? if it matters am in Vermont,, Thanks you will see me in the sub files soon
Old 12-06-2010, 02:40 AM   #6
Billy Whiz

I think that was the only point I didn't clarify! Postage FREE to US. $35 it is for a year (4 issues) + I'll bung in an extra issue free too!
Billy

BTW LAST POSTING DATE FOR XMAS FROM UK IS 10TH DEC - THIS FRIDAY SO ANYONE WANTING XMAS READING GET YER REQUEST IN THIS WEEK PLEASE.

Junk Motorcycle Magazine ships 7th December now! ANYONE SUBSCRIBING BEFORE 10TH DEC WILL GET THEIR COPY BEFORE THE XMAS HOLS (unless the post office fucks up) ..

UPDATE: I despatched the subscriber's copies of Junk to the U.S. this afternoon. We have (in no special order) GA, CA, OH, AR, NH & NC so far which is really cool!
So c'mon guys get scribblin' on the email billywhiz22@yahoo.com and order a subscription now!
Junk Motorcycle Magazine is a slice of true British eccentricity & ideal with the turkey & a bottle of JD or whatever is your tipple over the Xmas hols.. Issue #1 is limited in numbers and one day will be worthless on Egay!
I might add: Junk kills 99% of household germs, never needs washing and our research suggests subscribers to Junk M/C Mag get laid 50% more frequently than other couch potatoes.. OK right - did you notice I didn't bump this post but edited it? Gotta look after Dragon's legacy. I'm Billy, I love you and wish you a very Merry Xmas!

Dang - just checked the postage to the US on my receipt - pricy but oh well, get 'em while I can afford to send 'em! Still $35 inc postage for 5 issues.

Last edited by Billy Whiz; 12-07-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Update!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
pelican

I got this today. Worth the cash. Some killer bikes if you're tired of cookie cutter look a likes like I am.
pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #8
Billy Whiz

Hey subscriber guys.. Please give me a little feedback - good or bad (but go easy on the bad.. !) HERE WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE actually..
Also interested in the time it takes the magazines from the UK to reach your doorsteps.. Still need subscriber test pilots in NV, NY, FL, MT, MA, MN, SC, TX and a bunch of others too!!
Billy
Old 12-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
Scotty

Billy,

I got mine and it's total JUNK!!! Great mag man, keep up the good work. I like the full size format and glossy cover and pages. Layout and design are great. Bike features are great too, good mix of bikes!

BTY It arrived in GA on Monday 12/15/10.

Scotty
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #10
Billy Whiz

I'm pleased you like it man! It got to Georgia quicker than some addresses in the U.K. btw!! What's that all about? Keep the feedback coming guys.. I'm working on some really neat features for issue #2 already.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
Stinky Pete

I got it a few days back, maybe monday. Haven't gotten too far into it yet but it looks good so far. The write up on the Barely F'ing Legal Arial was cracking me up.

My blog - http://garagebuilt.wordpress.com/
Stinky Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
Billy Whiz

Glad it reached Ohio safely too Pete, that's my own bike the lil Ariel.. Billy
Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #13
Stinky Pete

Finished it last night - great magazine, very cool bikes. I'd recommended it.

What do you guys have against headlights anyway?

My blog - http://garagebuilt.wordpress.com/
Stinky Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:46 AM   #14
Billy Whiz

OK so we need NY, TX, KA MA blah blah blah - c'mon guys get subscribin' I don't think I will be able to match the offer of $35 for 5 issues inc postage for long (just checked the profit margins after postage!) so mug me c'mon..
Old 12-19-2010, 03:49 AM   #15
Billy Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Pete View Post
Finished it last night - great magazine, very cool bikes. I'd recommended it.

What do you guys have against headlights anyway?
There's a new tax here cuz of the energy crisis and global warming.. it's cheaper to run a bike without a headlight I think the tax might be linked to the outputage in watts of ur light actually..

sorry ..
Old 12-19-2010, 08:12 AM   #16
pat english

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Whiz View Post
Hey guys I just thought I'd give you a quick heads up that Junk Motorcycle Magazine is launching next week here in the UK and it will be available on subscription to folks in the US. It's strictly old school motorcycles with a twist plus the occasional rat rod or 2 & we don't take ourselves too seriously..
Anyone interested in subscribing whether in the UK or the US please email me at billywhiz22@yahoo.com or editor@junkmotorcyclemagazine.com

Thanks to Dragon for getting it done... Ta Doug!

is that dude really doing a 50/50 on a motorcycle?i gotta get this mag.
pat english is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #17
Billy Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat english View Post
is that dude really doing a 50/50* on a motorcycle?i gotta get this mag.
Yes he did! *only had one peg of course.. Just
check out the big photo of it in Junk issue #1 - it was sketchy & nearly dark by the time we got the shot in the bag if I remember! Happy dayz.

Last edited by Billy Whiz; 12-19-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #18
pat english

oh it was just 1 peg?i think they call that an"ice pick"grind.thats crazy.im guna get a subscription next check.i spent too much cash on the presents.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
Billy Whiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat english View Post
oh it was just 1 peg?i think they call that an"ice pick"grind.thats crazy.im guna get a subscription next check.i spent too much cash on the presents.
I will save you a copy of issue #1 Pat.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #20
pat english

sweet.thank you.