Jockey Journal Forum banner

BSA frame dimensions

11K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  g_kahn 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a diagram with stock frame dimensions for a BSA A65?

#6 ·
Well I'm trying to find out what stretch is on my hardtail, and what strech I want to put on. I know there are some threads about hardtail strech, but I haven't found any that are very helpful.

Anyone in the evening crew got a diagram?

#8 · (Edited)
Here is a mock-up picture. This hard tail was on it when I bought it. I was just going to leave it but I think it would look better shorter, plus I'm not a real tall guy so I dont need this much stretch. I also don't really like the welding on it. The frame is bare right now so I could get a pic of that too if needed.

#14 ·
Here is a mock-up picture. This hard tail was on it when I bought it. I was just going to leave it but I think it would look better shorter, plus I'm not a real tall guy so I dont need this much stretch. I also don't really like the welding on it. The frame is bare right now so I could get a pic of that too if needed.

Looks like you have about six inches of streach, I would make it so the rear fender is about 1/2" from the oil bag, and looks real cool with the custom singel downtube!!!....Roach.

#12 · (Edited)
This is from a '65 Manual. It'd the open loop frame used on the "sport" bikes and carried pretty much without too many changes through '70. Also the swingarm that goes with that particular frame

(edit - I see the dimensions are a little hard to read on the photobucket downsized image, so I'm sending a larger image to your email - watch for it.)

#16 ·
So, I have decided what stretch I'm going to get but here is my next question. As you can see fron the pic I posted before I had most of the bike together and it was set up to sit level. I want to keep it level so I need to know if I have any drop on the hardtail thats on it. My frame is stripped right now, so what should it measure from the ground the the center of the slots in the axle plates? I would measure what mine is currently, but I don't really wanna walk through the rain to the garage right now. If I don't get an answer by tomorrow I'll measure what I have.

#17 ·
I measured my frame tonight. With the bare frame sitting on the ground it measures 7 3/8" to the center of the slot in the axle plates. So, is that stock or is there some drop?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.