Jockey Journal Forum banner

How many 39 ULH's survive

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  richbob 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
I don't know if this counts but I have a complete 39 ULH engine that has all the original parts from the day it was built, including the top engine mount with the original mounting bolts and front spark plug wire holder, original generator, carburetor, iron heads and engine sprocket. It was removed from the bike in 1953 and put in a later model bike that had a bad engine and ridden less than a thousand miles in all those years until I bought the engine this year, It runs good, no smoke and it's presently mounted on an engine stand.

#5 ·
Ok
Right on Knuck
That's like 1and a half
I remember going to 100 years of Harley Davidson in Barcelona and they had a ULH on display but I think was earlier maybe(or I saw at Guggenheim in NY bike is art or something )my pics were celluloid And now lost
But that show travelled the world. (Seem to remember the stranglers played but with different front man)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#6 ·
I had a '42 ULH till some sorry bastard relieved me of it by breaking into the barn and making off with it (37 years ago) ! I still got the 2 hickory sticks I cut to beat on the MF with if I ever found out who it was ! ( 2 in case the 1st one broke too soon ) 1

The only thing I hate more than a thief is the one that is stealing from ME !

#7 ·
This is one I found in a garage when I bought my 79FXS,... the fella said it was from South Africa where it was originally exported to as a Sidecar Hack (said he sold the chair for $1000 !!!) as part of a Military contract in 39 or 40,... I don't know the exact year it is or know enough about them to say,... but I do know it has a later 45 rack on the back that he fitted only a few years ago.......

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.