Jockey Journal Forum banner

Couple of killer Triumphs from Four Aces Cycle

11K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Tony Bones 
#1 ·
I dig on these bikes from four aces cycles. Im assuming Wes built them or had a hand in building them. Wes is a ruler. Definitely has great style and taste. By the way I robbed them from his site-- www.fouracescycle.com

See less See more
#8 ·
Yeah those are nice if you like Triumphs that run well and look nice. I like my stuff to never be that way! Just kidding it looks like he has some nice stuff, I just wish he would build one for me as a gift. I guess I would accept it and speak well of him, you know but only to gang more business from the Middle of America. Man those are sweet!

#12 ·
Thanks for the props Guys. Always good to know your stuff is appreciated. That Black/blue bike with the upsweeps is flying loose in LA right now. (cross your fingers and toes for some magazine coverage). Fun stuff, I built the pipes for that one by taking two sets of pipes and cutting up the extra set to get the same upsweep angle on both sides, then welded them together. The pipes are not so much loud as they are pointing up, right at your head, so they seem loud when standing next to the bike. On the street not much louder than the regular open piped bikes.

The black bike, the one I liked to call "Slimbo" the bike that is the expression of all my disgust for fat tired behemoths, is now in France of all places probably getting the owner in lots of trouble with the locals. The pipes are a stock TR6 desert pipe from the late fifties/early sixties, nicely repopped by Toga. I added the shaker of course which is not stock. Pipes are available with correct clamps for about $160, shaker not included. I never should have sold Maurice the Flying Dutchman my other gold flake seat. damn-it.. .

thanks again.

#17 ·
Those tanks are "peanut tanks", not Sportster tanks, not Paughco tanks. PEANUTS. These were made by Wassell from the 1950s to the 1970s, then made in Japan. They were/are THE tank for the drag-strip, lakes, choppers, bobbers, etc for FIVE DECADES now. You cannot go wrong with a peanut. Some people call the sportster tanks peanut tanks and it is one of my pet-peaves. but enough anal retention. . .

I have an extra peanut tank right now for $75, is is NEW old Stock, has no tabs on it and is clean inside.

#22 ·
I have a photo of this bike saved on my computer that I look to occasionally for inspiration. Beautiful bike and I'm glad to now know who built it. I want to do something similar with my T100.

One question, though, that's been nagging at me - what holds the rear fender up? Am I blind? The photos look like the fender is only attached at its lowest point. Am I missing something?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.