Jockey Journal Forum banner

The Pacifica Trophy

11K views 27 replies 21 participants last post by  Dan Boy 
#1 ·
Had another round of good luck come my way. I managed to trade my 1980 XS650 for a complete original 1964 Trumpy Trophy. Fella I traded for just wanted to ride, and my bike rode good, and he wanted to pass it on to someone who could give it some love. Plan is for a 4" drop 6" stretch bobber, sportster tank, drag bars.... aww hell, I'm kidding. I'm going to clean a few things up and run it. The motor was rebuilt in 1990 in San Francisco with only a few hundred miles, still has the same oil Dennis Magri put in. I'm stoke as I've never got the opportunity to own an original stocker.

See less See more
#10 ·
Tools too! I dont know how complete they are.
The motor was rebuilt in 1990 by Magri, and very few miles on since. 6v + ground still, I assume I can just go through the chassis and do the regular motor maintenance and it should be a runner!

#12 · (Edited)
It's officially been a year since I've got the '64. I've been working on it here and there and spending very little money, about $500. I went through the whole motor and carb, new seals and gaskets, reconditioned the clutch, upgraded to 12v + ground. I also added a C5 ignition. I have a tympanium and capacitor I'll be adding in.

First start! Now on to the chassis and hope to be riding this summer. And lay off the Twinkies and Chinese food.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.