Greatest show on earth ★HD★ 320kmh/200mph Street Race 'ISLE of MAN' TT - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
JJ Admin
Administrator

Default Greatest show on earth ★HD★ 320kmh/200mph Street Race 'ISLE of MAN' TT

[fve]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph0SjLC_lqk&feature=youtu.be[/fve]

Top Speed 190-206mph over a 38 mile road circuit.
The 'ISLE of MAN' TT....

To read the rest of this blog entry from The Jockey Journal, click here.
JJ Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
Dragstews
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Dragstews
Default Re: Greatest show on earth ★HD★ 320kmh/200mph Street Race 'ISLE of MAN' TT

I think that was Doc riding the
....Hayabusa....

And does anyone know what the "TT" means .... ??
Could be all wet with my thoughts of ... "Tavern to Tavern"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isle_of_Man_TT

Last edited by Dragstews; 12-28-2012 at 09:55 AM.
Dragstews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
Dr. Benway
Mod Squad

Default Re: Greatest show on earth ★HD★ 320kmh/200mph Street Race 'ISLE of MAN' TT

Tourist Trophy.
Is there a Busa in there someplace? Man, that's a big bike to be throwing around the cobblestones.

Yeah, someone watch this and remind me again why "Jap bikes suck"...?
Dr. Benway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
BigDawg

Send a message via AIM to BigDawg

Because everyone and their brother can afford to buy a CB and cobble together a "bobber" from diamond plate and copper pipe, then start a separate thread about their badass bike and how they get tons of looks at bike night from the "douchebags on Harleys."

I don't think Ryan did it because Japanese bikes were bad, I think he did it because the board was cluttered with XS Bobber threads.

I digress. Great video.

The BDAC
BigDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Dr. Benway
Mod Squad

Oh, you're preaching to the choir there, brother.
Folks need to understand the difference between the guys here *personally* disliking Japanese bikes for some reason, and those who are holding down the bylaws of the board which, of course came down because of the grotty CB/XS tumor that grew here.

I too digress. Me likey inline 4 cylinder bikes that go fast, stop hard enough to pull your eyes out, and will let you drag your ears in turns.
Dr. Benway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:23 AM   #6
Dragstews
Banned

Well....

Most all of the Harley Riders do make there bikes into an Expression of there talents.....And want to be seen.....

When your flat out at speeds that are well over 100 MPH.....
...................You will be only a blur.................
........ So it doesn't matter what your riding ........
Old 12-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
rigidude

kiss kiss kiss ..........

that moment at 2:00 , I experienced at some point in my riding life, can't remember when or what.........but I traded away japanese speed for slow ass harley as a result soon after.
no regrets
rigidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
Mojomick

If you've never been to the Isle of Man for the TT, put it on your bucket list. Forget the politics of machine manufacture, these guys are racers and need the fastest machines to compete. A vast majority of these men (and women) work all year round in their regular jobs, to save enough to compete each year and barely scrape together enough to keep them in tyres and petrol, for the two weeks that it's on. Most don't stay in hotels, but camp out in tents or their vans with their families, just to keep costs down. There's not much in the way of prize money either, but that's not why they race.
It's the Mountain course that is the challenge and although 200mph top speeds are impressive, the fact that the winners exceed an average speed in excess of 130mph is mind boggling, especially if you've ever ridden the roads in anger yourself. On this 37.75 mile course, you have to learn every bend, camber, drain cover and pothole and then lap it six times without losing concentration for a split second.
In this sanitised bland world that protects us from ourselves, there are not too many true road races left on this earth. Our friends in Northern Ireland host a few (North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix spring to mind) but the TT is the Daddy and has been for over 100 years.
Some years, the fatalities reach levels that attract the press to question the sense of it all and there is often talk of building a circuit instead of the mountain road, but they know it would kill it instantly.
Where else in the world can you sit on the wall of a pub with a pint of decent beer and watch bikes coming past 4 feet away at 200mph?

Take a trip there, before it becomes history.
Mojomick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
coolvan

IOM & the ulster gp are the 2 fastest and dangerous road races in the world...

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_...?v=LU-ynRoqDEs
Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #10
Dragstews
Banned

Some History of the "Isle of Man"

http://aje.me/SqzGKn

Last edited by Dragstews; 12-28-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:04 PM   #11
[JP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojomick View Post
A vast majority of these men (and women) work all year round in their regular jobs, to save enough to compete each year and barely scrape together enough to keep them in tyres and petrol, for the two weeks that it's on. M
Definitely!
One of them works with me in a normal day to day office job... not many people in the office know about him, but he races on the IOM and Northwest 200

some good chats I've had with him about stories from the IOM and how at moment the flag goes down they "switch off" from the outside world.
you truly need balls of steel to ride at those speeds and so close to kerbs, walls etc...

but, as he says to me, people might think they are crazy, but they choose to do it and race there and they all know that race might just be their last one.

My 76 Shovelhead build - http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=100698

My 68 Genny Shovel - http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=128618
[JP] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
CB550 Matt

The Salt Flats and Isle of Mann are on my bucket list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony the torch View Post
The rev limiter appears to be the size of your balls.
CB550 Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #13
Dragstews
Banned

............^^^^....WORDS OF A TRUE GEAR HEAD....^^^^............
............................................ ...........................................

Last edited by Dragstews; 12-28-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #14
CB550 Matt

I am going to ride my BSA down there some day with Hoof and the rest ... stock 650cc vintage class running petrol =) ......

someday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony the torch View Post
The rev limiter appears to be the size of your balls.
CB550 Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #15
YETI CUSTOMS

The man with the fluro kiwi on his helmet is a good friend of mine Bruce Anstey,he has won a few tt's and is the fastest road racer in the world and it takes a special person to ride at the island and he is one of those.
YETI CUSTOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:29 AM   #16
Mojomick

I'm hoping to catch Bruce in action at the Ulster GP next August.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:01 AM   #17
Tommo

Lap records....
http://www.iomtt.com/TT-Database/TT-...p-Records.aspx
Tommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:29 AM   #18
Rob Axel

...Normally I am not into these bikes...i like them old.
BUT, HOLY SH-T!!!! These guys gain ALL my respect! First I watched it at work on my computer....Then I had the opportunity to see it on a 55inch HD screen..it literally took my breath away, MAD PROPS to these gentlemen. I does indeed take a special breed of human to ride this course......and survive.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:52 AM   #19
Mojomick

If you like them old, go to the Manx Grand Prix in August. Same course, but you can see Manx Nortons etc. lapping at 100mph!
If the smell of Castrol R and the noise of OHV singles and twins gives you a hard on, you'll be in paradise.

http://www.manxgrandprix.org/Races20...sicSenior.html