Jockey Journal Forum banner

David Mann

328K views 351 replies 177 participants last post by  richbob 
#1 ·
I was at a buddies place tonight and we were shootin the shit, when he tells me how he came across some cool posters in a poster rack that came with a car that he bought. He asked me if i had ever seen these posters before. The fucker got about 15 David Mann posters for free... damnit!!!

Way to cool.. and a good bonus.

My question is, does anyone have a favorite David Mann picture? I grew up with these posted all over my dads shop and others. Way too cool.

See less See more
#39 · (Edited)
as above. off Harbor & Wooley on Oxnard Shores and of course I would not have known who he was and I still don't know what he looked like. I suppose he went to the Rudder Room, Irish Sea, Whale's Tail, and the other place buy the boat ramp that was a bar in the 70's.

#8 · (Edited)
TP Cycles said:
This is my favorite. The bar is a couple blocks from my old house and I use to see Dave there quite frequently.
No shit TP ! When I'm visiting some friends in Oxnard & Ventura we ussualy hang out at the shores, I met Dave a few times there, also at Champs...on Victoria..
Small world...Dave's drawings were a major inspiration for my bikes...major...
Frenz, thanks for this link man...memory lane...

#9 ·
"Know ye that this is the kingdom of kicks-wine, bikes, drugs, and chicks."

Still have this poster and a couple more in tatters, trying to figure out how to keep it from completely falling apart.

#10 ·
Larry T said:
"Know ye that this is the kingdom of kicks-wine, bikes, drugs, and chicks."

Still have this poster and a couple more in tatters, trying to figure out how to keep it from completely falling apart.
Yea, same here, didn't somebody builded that red bike not to long ago and wasn't it featured in ER or another mag .?? I remember something here...

#11 ·
Danny F. said:
Yea, same here, didn't somebody builded that red bike not to long ago and wasn't it featured in ER or another mag .?? I remember something here...
I think I heard someone say they did. I quit reading Easyriders in the late 80's so I don't know for sure. I'd like to see the bike if someone built it. I still think about building a Knuck basketcase I have in that style. Wouldn't be a clone, just same style scooter. Gotta bunch of other stuff to finish first though.

#15 ·
Someone did build a copy of the Apehanger Daze bike in the poster a few years back. I don't remember where I saw the pictures of it. I believe the guy lives in Florida, maybe someone knows him and can post a picture. Best that I remember, it was a pretty accurate copy.

The bike Dave is sitting on in the picture is the same panhead that was in the Roth photo poster of "Beautiful Buzzard". That bike evolved and was even done up "digger" style at one time. I met Dave a long time ago, when both of us were young. We had a mutual friend that worked at Wild Child Customs in Kansas City. Dave had just returned from California with the Buzzard bike. It was years later when our mutual friend told me that "Dave" was the same guy painting the ER centerspreads.

Hank

#23 ·
TheFrenZ said:
There are many which I do like.I once had my walls full of his art.Very cool stuff !!!

http://home.att.net/~knucklehead-47/dmann.htm

Ed Roth did some fantastic posters as well.I have 15 or so of them and never would part with them.Never.
Very cool link to see almost all of the Dave Mann stuff...
But on the page 5 gallery, the very first picture is an actual photo from the Captain America bike..?? What is this one doing on there..?
It's a little card from a small collectors box that you could buy during "The art of the Harley" shows '99-2000 in Liverpool,London & Stockholm...here's a pic from that box and you can see the America bike and my Trike was in it also...still wondering how this one got in the Mann collection..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.