Jockey Journal Forum banner

RIP Doug "Dragon". Ride free Brother.

172K views 491 replies 429 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 ·
Englishman just posted on The Horse board that Doug has left us. I know that some here had problems with him, and some just liked to poke at him from time to time, but I'd like to believe that everyone respected him and his efforts to keep us in line here. I did several deals with him and had quite a few off board conversations, and I've never dealt with a more upstanding individual.

Looks like his pain is finally gone,

Ride free, Brother,
Ride free.

#347 ·
Dragon was a great guy. I know he could have been tough at times but someone had to and he didnt take no shit!

The guy truely only cared and lived for motorcycles. If he saw someone in need, He always went out of his way to help anyway he could and never asked for anything in return. The man was a wealth of knowledge and I personally wouldnt be as far along with my bike if it werent for his insight.

I was just looking for some BSA part numbers one day and he sent me a PM asking for my home address. 4 days later a envolope shows up at my place full of CDs containing Rebuild manuals, Part numbers, Catalogs... It blew my mind that someone would go out of their way for a stranger like that.

RIP Doug...May we all strive to be a little more like you. EAT, SLEEP, BREATH MOTORCYCLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#349 ·
I got the chance to do some trading with him a couple of years back. When I called him, it was funny, he sounded just as I thought he would, and spoke just as straight as he wrote on the board. That day I thought at first he would be the biggest ass I had ever spoken to, then through the conversation I realized how much knowledge the voice had on the other side of the phone. We spoke for a bit and I came to respect him for his knowledge and truth. I wish I had gotten the chance to meet him in person. R.I.P. alot of knowledge was lost...

#355 ·
Upon signing up to the board, Dragon had put me in line, in what must have been within my first 10 posts, I thought "screw this guy, what a prick" but, I took his blunt advice and stopped posting for awhile and just absorbed as much as I could, grew up a bit, and then realized that he was right.

After that, I took the joy of watching Dragon do the same to many others, and always got a chuckle out of his bluntness.

R.I.P Dragon

#370 ·
Other than R.I.P., I have no idea what to say.......

#371 ·
RIP Dragon. you are missed by all. I wish I could write my thoughts like some here, but I`m not so good at that stuff. For those of us that did not know him personally, we can still gain knowlage from his many posts. It amazes me on how much he knew on so many different bikes. Peace