Jockey Journal Forum banner

Crappy Evel paint job..

3K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  spsgold 
#1 ·
ok still gotta clear and touch up..Evel Knievel tribute paint job for my Triumph project.Much respect for you guys thats do this type of work.I"m a cobbler but I try..prolly have $60 in the tank and fender when done..Cheap Acrilic Enamel...he was my Idol growin up and I got the scars to prove it..its not perfect soo hope you dig it anyway..
Peace
Drumrooster

See less See more
#20 ·
again I dont know jack..but i just had the star stickers cut in a decal..layed down the red coat let it suponify over nite then layed the pin stripe outline..then sprayed the white coat..let it cure,,then put the star stickers on,,,then shot the blue metallic..let that cure a bit then masked off the inside of the pinstripe panel,,,and shot the black..

if you let the paint set to long it can cause the paint to stick too good to the tape and may lift the edge of the paint when you pull the tape.

just go really slow when you pull the tape or stickers..and pull the edge of the tape away from the edge of the paint. be ready if the paint trys to lift and u can lightly press it back down.

of course I used Hardner in the Automotive Acrylic Enamel...now you can leave it like that or let it cure a good while and then wet sand with 1200 grit and clear with Acrylic Enamal clear...and buff..just make sure if yr using Acrylic Enamal u use the right clear so it wont react with ur Enamal..Base coat clear wont go over Enamal.

again I"m a hack..but I try most these guys on here do this alot so i"m sure they can help way more but if I can help just ask..remember go slow thats my problem getting to fast..

good luck..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.