Jockey Journal Forum banner

48 Pan

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Horst Heiler 
#1 ·
after some pretty long searching I finally pulled the trigger on a 48 Pan with some period customizing

I'm still a HD rookie due to that, and due to the fact that I'm currently out of time for hobbies, I decided to get for a fully builtup unit rather then doing some customizing on my own

engine and tranny have been redone about 3.000 km ago - all parts are period except the handlebars and carb and also the 4" rim on the tail - the tombstone taillight has the typical "HD-imprint" on the lens

maybe I will replace the handlebar and also paint/powdercoat the wheels, oiltank and some other smaller parts in black somewhen but first of all I just wanna ride her

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/rotxxyyzz/media/48 Panhead/48 Pan 06.jpg.html

See less See more
#4 ·
Well, reading your post, you say that you don't have time for hobbies. But, you are already talking about changes. It is to nice like it is, and if it were most, we would ride it, until it needed something fixed.

My old saying, and I did not create it, just use it, is.......if it aint broke, dont' fix it...

It can get expensive too. I had a throw out bearing go bad once. Before I was done, I had new tins, new paint, new wheels, new trans gears, rebuilt topend, new frame, new front end,,,,,well, you see, it can get expensive.

So, go ride. Ride, ride. when you are ready to wrench, let us know..........

Damn nice too......

#10 ·
yep now in Mexico - hopefully the last assignement "abroad"

inbetween China and Mexico I have been working in Austria for 3 years as head of quality department for the Mercedes g-wagon

now I'm looking forward to get back to Germany in about 2 years and stay until retirement but who ever knows

first I tried to find a decent ride here in Mexico coz everybody claims that Mexico is the paradise for vintage vehicle collectors but so far what I saw was either mexican restored (just bondo `n paint even on the frames) - beaten and used beyond repair or maximum overpriced

so I decided to buy "at home" also to prevent the hassle with the paperwork when importing a bike to Germany

#7 ·
looks great, i dunno about the way the tomestone is mounted, but thats my own hangup.

Id be interested to see how the seat springs are mounted, and if the bottom of the seat is just using the stock pogo style seat mounted to the long arm part. Could you take some more photos for me ??? please thanks

#9 · (Edited)
looks great, i dunno about the way the tomestone is mounted, but thats my own hangup.

Id be interested to see how the seat springs are mounted, and if the bottom of the seat is just using the stock pogo style seat mounted to the long arm part. Could you take some more photos for me ??? please thanks
the front bracket is the series t-shaped standard series bracket - springs are mounted on a custom-made - will take some piccies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.