Jockey Journal Forum banner

"Winter Project" another.. Board Track Racer

63K views 70 replies 37 participants last post by  greasystain 
#1 ·
First off I want to thank dmar836 for sending me this link, Great guy!

Well heres another Board Track Racer.
This project has been in the making for about 3 years now, I've had to take some time off from it at the momment for other obligations.

Time is running out for the "Winter Project" so.......take a look!

Life started out as a back half of a Pre War bicycle, it had the lines that I was looking for. Most of the early bicycles had a straight forward simple apperance. I had just the frame.

Next was to position the front end, its about a mile away from the back wheel. Actually 55", the wheels are Worksman 26" with drum brakes. The front forks are off a 1950's Monark bicycle, this was not a practical application for a Board Track Racer, but I like 'em

Heres what it looks like with the motor set up for fitting.
I'm using a 100cc Lifan with a manual 4 speed. The handlebars are for mock up, they will change in up comming photos.

The top tube is installed, I'm using 1" DOM for the rest of the frame.

Bare bones rolling chassis.....

Heres a number of pictures to show how it has progressed.

more pictures to follow........soon!

See less See more
#53 ·
Board Track Racer, I ordered and will receive my Lifan engine soon . I ordered the 200CC, I couldn't find the 150CC. (5 gears :eek: )

I was wondering what you used to paint the cylinder black on your engine.

I am looking for an old set of springer forks and will oredr front and back wheels with drum brakes from Worksman. What size 26" tires did you use (2.125 wide?) Who did you order them from.

I'm sure I will have more questions as I start my build. Thanks for the photo link on youtube they were very helpful.

#55 ·
Thanks super rat, glad you like it.

.......oldgascar, 200cc? thats a lot of motor for bicycle parts to handle. The Worksman hubs are made of aluminum.
This is only a 100 not a 150. I would have to question your purchase.
I bought the tires years ago from a swap meet, check out Ebay. Yes they are 26x 2.125.
The cylinder head is actually more of a brownish color, this is typical rattle can Dupli-color High Temp Engine Enamel,..from the Auto Parts stores?
You may want to send me a PM (private message), so this doesn't turn into a long running question and answer board. Thanks.

#56 ·
Thanks for the information.:) I think I will use the black Kenda Flame 26" x3" tires to start with .The wheels I have purchased from Worksman for my last project ( 1906 Oldsmobile replica) are steel rim with standard threaded spoke & nipple connection to the rim.
I will start off with these (with the brake drum hubs for front and back) I will most likely not ever go over 20 - 30 mph until I get the custom wheels made. If I want to do go any faster than that, I will purchase a factory made motorcycle.
The difference in weight from the 100CC to the 200 CC is about 11 lbs. So the frame will need to be beefy. This bike should look and sound cool but will never be raced. It will be for show only.

I plan on tig welding the complete frame from scratch with dom tubing, & not use any old bike frame parts. I was not able to find anyone in the carring the 100 or the 150CC engines so I settled on the 200. It is only slightly bigger than the engine you used.

#63 ·
Its three years old but I am glad it was brought to light as I have missed it.. only been here for about a year or so.
What a great build!

#65 ·
I agree Nottso, I call them Web Worriors. Behind the keyboard they get to live out their secret tough guy, bully dream. I do searches all the time BUT on different subjects, its nice to see interrests other people have too.

PS... The worst is getting bitched out with the CAPS LOCK ON.... that hurts so bad! lol... thats when I hope they don't tinker with the font size and hit the bold button all at once. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.