Jockey Journal Forum banner

68 BSA A65T - Chugs, sputters after 15 min ride..

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  veryloudscott 
#1 ·
Rebuilt motor, less that 200 miles on it. - Recently had the rotor and stator replaced..

So i took it out for a nice little ride. And after about 15 min, it starts to chug, (and backfire if i am stopped and revving the motor) and I have to goose the throttle to get it going.. If I give it too much throttle, it just sputters and lags. (in traffic this is not very fun, ahem.)

Anyone have any ideas for solutions? New plugs? Lower octane gas? (is 93 too high?) Adjust carb?

#2 ·
Maybe fucked up battery, mine did shit like that , replaced the battery, back to good again.

Rebuilt motor, less that 200 miles on it. - Recently had the rotor and stator replaced..

So i took it out for a nice little ride. And after about 15 min, it starts to chug, (and backfire if i am stopped and revving the motor) and I have to goose the throttle to get it going.. If I give it too much throttle, it just sputters and lags. (in traffic this is not very fun, ahem.)

Anyone have any ideas for solutions? New plugs? Lower octane gas? (is 93 too high?) Adjust carb?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.