Jockey Journal Forum banner

And it begins....

35K views 148 replies 65 participants last post by  jw_deuce 
#1 ·
Sold the shovel I had on here for sale a couple weeks ago with plans on getting something older, pan, gen shovel ect... well after realizing I have too many project and need to finish some of them I decided to go the cheaper route and found my next project, this 75 shovel I drove to detroit for yeasterday, about a 4hr drive, didnt get home till midnight! I already have everything on the bike planned out and know exactly how everything is going to look, be built, ect.

So on to the pictures. Got the title work done after work and she went up on the bench. I actually wasnt planing on starting on her until a later date(when I get the 54 rolling in the background) but after organizing the shop a little she was begging to get started on haha

And 2 hours later:
(with a sneek peak of a frontend I will be using :D started it to put on the other bike, never got a chance to though)

Thanks for looking
-Justin

See less See more
#10 ·
It didnt really hit me she was gone until a couple days after you left I was starring at pics of it haha.I hope you enjoy her as much as I did the short time I had her done! I have a feeling Ill see you out and about this year!

It wasn't bad looking how it sat...kinda unique stock.
Absolutely, that thing looks tough as hell...stylish, nothing overdone.
That oil filter location is an easy fix.
I agree, it was a pretty cool bike. On the long drive from picking it up I was considering just keeping it a swingarm bike and changing a few things up on it, but that was just a quick thought, I already have it in my head to chop it and since its nothing really special I dont really feel bad about tearing it apart.

So it's gonna be a loong bike? By sneek peek did you mean the long pipe on the table?
Yep, I loved the way my other bike rode and all, so this one is going to be long. Ill build another short bike for busting around town once this one is done.

Thanks for the interest

-Justin

#18 ·
Thank you everyone for the complements/posts. I plan on getting all the parts ordered today that im going to need, and do a bit of work on her this evening, I will keep you all in the loop on progress!

Thanks man! Im just about done with the suspension on that car. I plan on making a thread over in the jalopy journal here real soon. I have a crap load of work in that cars suspension and fixing the hack job of a frame someone did, some people should just not touch cars or bikes haha

Regards

-Justin

#20 ·
Glad someone bought that bike.

Saw it on Craigslist a bunch.

Bishop did the motor in it right???? Guy does good work and is a long time drag racer.
You are correct. Im glad you said that, I was going to ask any of you guys if you knew anything about Bishop. Bike seemed to run strong, had some shit gas in it n its so cold out it was acting funny on the bottom end popin and what not. I did a compression test at the dudes house before I bought it, read like 118psi rear and 120psi in the front cylinder. The Previous owner said Bishop did some "trick" stuff to it but he wasnt sure because all Bishop would tell him is "youll like it"

-Justin

#24 ·
As promised here is an update of what I got done tonight. I had to do pads and rotors on a friends car after work so I didnt get near as much as I was planning done to the chop. Basically just got her tore down completely and cleaned up what I will be using of the frame a bit. Dug the jig out of the corner and threw the frame up on it, it is not setup yet or id already have the neck and backbone cut off haha

Pics:

And my pile o'parts I have to clean up to sell... keep an eye on the classifieds if you see something that catches your eye, I will be posting tomorrow night hopefully. Ill get my daughter down here with me and have her help me polish and clean on the stuff.

Regards
-Justin

#26 ·
Had a bit of free time after a customer job last night to work on the bike again finally, so I jigged the frame up, cut the neck and backbone off and machined the 3" extensions for the downtubes. I staggered them on purpose, because after my last one that I made them the same height it was a bitch gettting them started into the tubes, so staggering them I think really did make it easier.

I took more pictures but for some reason photoshop doesnt like them and wont let me upload:

-Justin

#29 ·
Thanks guys!

Looks like i should come over and get that nasty dusty old sedan delivery out of your way. You know so you will have more room to work.

Bike is looking good.
haha Im just about done with the suspension on it. So shell be on the road soon! Im trying to manage my time between the bike and the car, so when I post progress pics of the bike youll prob see the progress on the car in the background :D

-Justin

#32 ·
HAHa I was thinking this one is going slower than I wanted it too. I am going to try and make a ride down to tenn toward the end of march, If I had the axle plates Id probably already have it hard tailed by now :rolleyes:

-Justin

#35 ·
You are correct. After riding my other bike all the way to wv with the front end acting as a rigid(rocker geometry was off and the springs did nothing) im not scared of it. it was actually a pretty good ride. I love the look of full rigid, very very simple and clean.

Are you keeping the gold bits on the motor ?
No Im not, I like minimalist bikes, nothing really flash when it comes to stuff like that, clean and as simple as possible is how I go about anything i am building.

-Justin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.