Jockey Journal Forum banner

47 Industries. Welding and fabricating

83K views 138 replies 41 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 · (Edited)
47 Industries is in central NJ. We do welding and fabricating for custom bikes and hotrods. One off hardtails, custom handlebars, custom made parts, etc. Just about anything big or small. TIG and MIG welding and light machine shop work. 908-526-8865. Or PM Mike47 here on the board. More stuff at 47FAB.com.
Here's a few pix. of some recent work:

Fabbed the rear frame section of this Triumph street tracker to fit under the tail and still clear the tire. Also did some new oil tank mounts, and repaired the r/s shock mount, the taillamp mount and plate bracket (which was long on top for the customer to add a plate lamp). There is a small tang that keeps it from rotating on the bolt.
Before:

after:

See less See more
#2 ·
Mike47 rules. He did ALL the welding and fabwork on my bike and i couldnt be happier. He made my bike match the picture in my head. His work is top notch and i have no problems at all. Awesome work, turnaround time and a real nice guy too. What more could you ask for ? ...and no i didnt get paid to say this :D

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the nice words from Josh, Ryzart and Andy. That gusset wasn't that prettiest but it works. Dr.Benway did most of that repair anyway. I just did some welding on the gusset. Josh made me stop filing the edges before I made it pretty!

I found some more pix. of a few pieces I did recently.

Weld on kickstand mount for internal spring stand. It was too low with the store-bought mount and would drag on left turns. I machined this one from a steel block. It raised it a bit over an inch.

Here's another plate mount. Single mount tab and single bolt mount and pinned so it won't rotate. .100" moly plate and gusset.

Aluminum foot pegs for custom forwards. Before polishing.

Recent hardtail/backbone job. It's still in the works in this shot. Backbone got capped off and those axle plates were smoothed and refined when done. I have to learn to take more pix. of finished stuff.

Thanks for checking this stuff out....Mike.

#6 ·
I also have to put in the good word for mike & his shop. even before we did any riding together he did some work on my tank & really helped me out by finally getting it to be totally leak proof & paintable.

He has all the tools & machines that any of us here only dream about & has some really fucking phenomenal skills. I still cant get over the complete car chassis that he's built & especially the one for his own roadster.

So you get a guy with great skills, great tools & a very professional & friendly treatment. That sort of service is typically unheard of so you know the work is certainly worth the fair price you'd pay.

#10 · (Edited)
Just finished up a bunch of stuck on Keez's (kirk's) Triumph. It's a pretty long list. I hope you guys like the work.

Overall shot with most of it together.

Reworked and re-gusseted the oil tube/hardtail joints.
Before. Huge solid plate:

After:

Mounted the fender and re-radiused it to fit the tire better. Welded up the Fab Kevin strut kit. Moved the seat x-member back to fit the seat springs. Made a t-bar mount on the frame to work with the Biltwell t-bar seat bracket and the Xian Leather covered Teach pan.

Made the remote oil filter bracket.

Had a little hole in the frame tube. Previous owner had weled a chunk of plate over the area. I cut it off and found this.

I bent a piece of tubing and sliced and diced a good fiting patch.

Tigged it all around and polished it smooth. Never know it was there.

Fine tuned the TROY FAB chain tensioner and on it goes.

More......

#11 · (Edited)
More...

Fabbed the plate bracket/tail lamp assembly. It's got a nice bit of curve and sits nice and tight to the frame. Mounts into bungs in the frame. Also you can see the axle adjusters. I made a set of allen head bolts from allen nuts welded to full threaded rod (all stainless of course). I also drilled register dimples in the axle head and made a register/spacer for the other side.

Getting the engine in and out on an OIF triumph kind of sucks if it's all together. To try to make things easier on reassembly Kirk wanted a removable l/s mount plate. I bent some plate and trimmed out a nice shape. It worked out great and is completely shimmable so swapping motors/cases in the future will be ok. Here it is.

And last and not yet done is the "oil tank" style electrical box. Kind of looks like an oil bag but actually is home to the battery and regulator and tympanium unit. Even a bit of extra room for small stuff/tools etc. Brushed stainless, stainless piano hinge and a fullwrap lid. I still have to louver the top as per Kirk's request and install the 1/4 turn latch/knob. I'll post up a better pic. when that's done.

Thanks for looking....Mike.

#12 ·
There's a lot of excellent fabricators/welders on board here (one of these days I'll be in the fair category) but if you're in the tri-state area, talk to Mike. He's definitely in the higher echelon as a businessman with excellent customer service and a professional attitude toward his work. Mike took my ideas, we bounced them around and he executed at a fair price with a quick turn-around. Not bad for a Jersey guy....call him, I highly recommend his work!

#20 ·
Thanks Teach and Rich Pit. for the props. You guys make some damn nice stuff as well.

I've been hiding and not posting so much lately. I have a ton of stuff in the wings. I'll be posting it as I get it all wrapped up and show ready.

In the mean time here's a new take on a Big Twin engine stand. My customer needed something small as he has no garage. The center x-member comes out so it can be stored in a tool box drawer or a kitchen utility drawer. Pix. were taken before I put the pinch bolts on it, but they are on the final product to keep the cross-member in place. As with all my stuff, I will build them by request. Contact me for pricing.

#21 · (Edited)
New product from 47 Industries:

Axle plates!!

These are available in either 3/8" or 1/2" thick. The 3/8" would be great for Harley or cb350, cb 550, kz 400, kz440 and a bunch of others. The 1/2" are good for Harley, xs and cb750. They will allow you to use the factory adjuster hardware and axle on the jap bikes, they just need a spot drill. I will do that as requested for no charge. I can out fit them with threaded bungs as requested for a few more dollars. Overall dimensions are 4 1/4" long, 5" high at front, 2" high at rear. 3/4 axle slot (needs some fine tuning for the jap bikes but the 3/4 allows nice tight fit on the jig), axle slot is 2 1/4" long. They can also be re-radiused to fit a loop style frame. There is also enough meat on these to rework and shape them to your liking. You have to fit them for your tubing angles and diameters but all bikes are different there so there's no way I could do that part.

$50 a set + shipping with polished edges/spot drilled.
Or
$35 a set + shipping with the flame cut edges/no drill.

PM or call 908-725-4389.

#23 · (Edited)
Just finished up this Cross Bones for Dan Tag. He wanted to clean-up under the new Xian seat. Here's the start.

I hammered out the fender. then cut out hole and fabbed a tray to sink the computer into the fender. I used the original fender piece as the cover.

Fabbed an aluminum battery cover and polished off all the weld beads and polished the cover up nice-nice. The tins all went out to Ryzart for his treatment. The finished product.

Close up of under seat.

One more.

#24 ·
Fucking stellar Mike! Very nice.

#25 ·
It's been far too long in doing this, my apologizes to Mike . . .

I had Mike do some work on a frame for me; it spanned the gamut from a simple weld, to mounting tabs to re-designing and building the entire back section.
I can assure you his work is impeccable, he'll stand behind everything he does (he's not crazy enough to stand in front) LOL….sorry.
He's professional, his shop is clean and meticulous and his prices are more than fair (I'm going to get a discount on future work for this, right Mike)
I've had work done with other guys and we all have had our fair share of nightmares, but I would recommend Mike and 47 Industries to anyone who is just looking to get their "shit done right"!!!!!!!

#27 ·
Thanks for the props boys.

Dave, I'm especially happy that you liked the work. I look forward to being involved in the next leg of the build when you are ready. I'm sure you'll post pix. when it's all done.

Here's a triumph hardtail I made this week. The owner built an entire bike and discovered that the hardtail section tubing wasn't as thick as it was supposed to be. I saved his axle plates and duplicated all the dimensions so he could pretty much just bolt it all back together.

#28 ·
Cafe bike from the 70's are allowed on here right? If not then go ahead and delete.

This is one I had been working on for sometime. Just finished it up this week. '73 CB350 cafe racer. Lots of little mods here. Aluminum number plates, Benelli tank, HD tail lamp in a custom housing, clip-on bars, bates style headlamp, steering damper, shock mounted license plate holder, and some bigger Mikuni carbs. Paint by Ryzart is outstanding as usual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.