Jockey Journal Forum banner

RIP Doug "Dragon". Ride free Brother.

172K views 491 replies 429 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 ·
Englishman just posted on The Horse board that Doug has left us. I know that some here had problems with him, and some just liked to poke at him from time to time, but I'd like to believe that everyone respected him and his efforts to keep us in line here. I did several deals with him and had quite a few off board conversations, and I've never dealt with a more upstanding individual.

Looks like his pain is finally gone,

Ride free, Brother,
Ride free.

#221 ·
Wow.....can't believe it......my bike would NEVER be on the road without his help/ advice/guidance/generosity/etc.!!!! I know I'm not the only one here in that situation either.
Never knew him too personally, but PM'd back and forth a bit and always knew I could depend on the information he provided. One particular series of PM's about how much oil my bike should take resulted in a dipstick arriving in my mailbox unannounced and free of charge. That was his answer to my question! Couldn't have been more clear or helpful!
Thanks for everything Doug....hope we can continue to do you proud around here!

#225 · (Edited)
My helmet is off to you... RIP Dragon!

I believe our best salute to this man would be for each and everyone of us to carry on his commitment to keeping this board the wealth of information that it is, and keep the garbage off of it. That means flaming the noobs for not posting their intro (guilty!), reporting the things that don't belong here to someone who can take care of it, and constantly reminding individuals to GET A MANUAL (Guilty again!), while posting the links to one....

#227 ·
Saddened to hear that we all lost another OG, Dragon was a man of infinite knowledge and wisdom. Never had the pleasure of doing business with him or having the endless stream of PMs that others speak of but every post that he made either taught me something or made me chuckle. If anyone puts together a fund of some sort to help out his mom definitely make it public so I can contribute. Infinite thanks to the legend that is Dragon.

Ride Free Brother
RIP

#230 ·
Oh my God this has totally freaked me - I got an email from him yesterday or the day before.
He sorted out a JJ posting problem for me - shit he was helping to his last fuckin day!
My deepest condolences to his family & close friends.
I am absolutely shocked. RIP Doug "Dragon" Drake.
Billy

#233 ·
It's a crazy thing, the internet. This man that I do not know, I'd never recognize in person. I really didn't know anything about him. But through his offerings though this website, I feel like I've lost a brother. I'm careful of what I post here as I mostly mess with japanese bikes, only recently getting my first Trumps. I've had him correct me, but in all of my searches here, there is Dragon, preaching the gospel. I had the utmost respect for him. Ride safe my friend.

#236 ·
It's a crazy thing, the internet. This man that I do not know, I'd never recognize in person. I really didn't know anything about him. But through his offerings though this website, I feel like I've lost a brother. ....
Exactly my feelings too. RIP and may those around you be blessed, Dragon.

#235 ·
We all gotta go one day. He was loved and hated, and for the same things. All I can say is, "Only the Good die young". He was very, very good. RIP Dragon............

#237 ·
As some have said before, I am new to this forum, though not to motorcycles. It took no time at all to see that Dragon was one of the rare few who knew so much but managed not to be a "know it all". His influence was felt by everyone on this forum and will be sorely missed. Sua Sponte. De Oppresso Liber. Godspeed "Dragon". R.I.P.

#239 ·
Just spent an hour reading the comments here.. I think they really do cover the range of emotions on Dougs passing, hell yes he chewed me out a couple times but immediately went on to help me too! He was like an old school headmaster - firm but fair. Dragon wielded a pretty big stick (& wasn't afraid to use it when needed) but he wielded it with goodness in his heart.
If anybody has his new email address let me know will you ;)