Jockey Journal Forum banner

RIP Doug "Dragon". Ride free Brother.

172K views 491 replies 429 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 ·
Englishman just posted on The Horse board that Doug has left us. I know that some here had problems with him, and some just liked to poke at him from time to time, but I'd like to believe that everyone respected him and his efforts to keep us in line here. I did several deals with him and had quite a few off board conversations, and I've never dealt with a more upstanding individual.

Looks like his pain is finally gone,

Ride free, Brother,
Ride free.

#245 · (Edited)
R.I.P. Doug [Dragon] Drake .......Godspeed to your Mom, God Bless you. I had a deep respect for this man's fairness in his decisions, even after I was banned.....

He offered exellent intructional info, dedication to the motorcycle hobby. I hope the guys on this board will follow his lead and keep it rolling in fine fashion, in his honor forever ! !

Flatsiders M/C

#247 ·
I just got on the computer for the first time in a few days and this is about the first thing I see. I hate it.
Yea, Doug was a hardass but this site is one of the only "bike" sites I check out and he was the one kept it on track. If you didn't know what he would put up with and what he wouldn't, you weren't paying very close attention. He was consistant.
From the sound of things, he took care of what was important to him to the best of his ability. That's the best any of us can hope for. Ya did good.
RIP
Larry T

#248 ·
been away from the comp. Sad news indeed. Never had the pleasure of getting Dragons rath! I liked reading his replys , no bullshitting, straight up in your face, but i know ive learned from him, as im sure most here have. R.I.P. DRAGON.

#251 ·
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you meant he was no longer working for you not that he passed!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK! ACK I'm so bummed. He was my save all the go to guy when I wanted the truth or the best answer. He was always such an amazing wealth of knowledge. We had a few off site conversations. Such a sweet individual. What a loss. so sad.. Thanks for teaching us all so much Dragon... Doug

#254 ·
Ditto, he clearly had some issues with some of us sometimes, but he gave me some good advice when I really needed it, despite me acting like a dick all the time. Here's to you Dragon! ...tip of the glass.

#268 ·
Wow. I never even knew he was sick. When I first got my Triumph he mailed me some manuals that I needed and asked for absolutely nothing in return. He had his moments with me too, but I always thought of him as a good guy. My condolences to his family.

Rest in peace my friend.