Jockey Journal Forum banner

RIP Doug "Dragon". Ride free Brother.

172K views 491 replies 429 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 ·
Englishman just posted on The Horse board that Doug has left us. I know that some here had problems with him, and some just liked to poke at him from time to time, but I'd like to believe that everyone respected him and his efforts to keep us in line here. I did several deals with him and had quite a few off board conversations, and I've never dealt with a more upstanding individual.

Looks like his pain is finally gone,

Ride free, Brother,
Ride free.

#12 ·
I can't believe that. I remember getting slammed by Dragon a few times when I was a new member on the board (and rightfully so, since I had failed to take the time to learn some of the Board rules and nuances), but I grew to really enjoy his comments, barbs, and insights. We ended up corresponding a fair bit back and forth by IM about choppers, the internet, and life in the Florida Panhandle (he was a lifelong resident of Tallahassee, near where I went through the USN Diving School and later the EOD school.)

He will be missed.

Rob

#17 ·
I have only been on here since the Spring of this year, but, quickly learned to appreciate his terse comments and greatly respected his obvious wisdom. I never got to see the man, so if it is not in poor taste or a violation of the forum rules, would someone mind posting a pic of Dragon with one of his rides. I would really like to put a face to the name.

#26 ·
for once in my life I am speechless. I am one of the ones who liked to poke fun at Dragon and we called it busting balls he would PM me some shit about it but I think he got a kick out of some of my smart ass comments. I always know though if I posted a serious bike question he'd chime in with the answer. Well Bro I guess you got the last laugh It's back to the manuals for us. He is missed already. RIP Bro.