Jockey Journal Forum banner

RIP Doug "Dragon". Ride free Brother.

172K views 491 replies 429 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 ·
Englishman just posted on The Horse board that Doug has left us. I know that some here had problems with him, and some just liked to poke at him from time to time, but I'd like to believe that everyone respected him and his efforts to keep us in line here. I did several deals with him and had quite a few off board conversations, and I've never dealt with a more upstanding individual.

Looks like his pain is finally gone,

Ride free, Brother,
Ride free.

#79 ·
A wiser man than me once said "Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened".

My condolences to his family.

R.I.P. Doug

#82 ·
Not much to be said that has not already been said, so all I can say is Wow.

I, like alot of others, made lots of mistakes when I first came on board, and Doug would climb into my shit. That was his job. But when I asked for advice, he was more than happy to be of service.

I remember sending him a PM after somebody threw a temper tantrum and told him as "point man" he to take some unnecessary abuse. He told me that some people didn't like it when they couldn't use this site as their own personal romper room, but that wasn't its purpose and he was going to make sure that it didn't happen. He loved this site.

I agree with Pete, I also knew he was goin' threw some hard times, and maybe we could pass the hat. I am out on disability again myself, but I could come up a little something.

The world will be a lesser place with Dougs passing......

Respectfully, Hank

#85 ·
Damn, I had no idea he was ill.

I post here a lot less than I lurk, and usually only post to ask FNG dumbass questions.

Which Dragon was kind enough to PM me with answers for on occasion.

We also PM'd back and forth a bit on some OT (philosophical/political/whatever) stuff; he turned me on to some reading that has had an impact on me.

When it's my turn to follow, I think I'll hit him with some ironhead sportster questions, just on general principle.

-Bill

#88 ·
Well, Me and Mr Dragon, we would just circle each other and growl, He would get on my case about stupid stuff, Some times he might be off his meds, other time...who knows.

But I respect that Ryan had him to keep this site running......... I do not know what I would do if it went away.

So May Dragon Have many Rides in the after life, and Ryan......Keep up the good work, Same for the Jajopy and now Ford barn as well..........

...................Respectfully.... Destralo Origanal Roach.

#154 ·
HELL ........ i'm gonna miss those spelling lessons roach used too get :D they were freakin hilarious!!!! R.I.P. Doug

hey roach ..... there's only 1 "a" in original .... haha!

Well, Me and Mr Dragon, we would just circle each other and growl, He would get on my case about stupid stuff, Some times he might be off his meds, other time...who knows.

But I respect that Ryan had him to keep this site running......... I do not know what I would do if it went away.

So May Dragon Have many Rides in the after life, and Ryan......Keep up the good work, Same for the Jajopy and now Ford barn as well..........

...................Respectfully.... Destralo Origanal Roach.

#93 ·
i admit that Dragon rubbed me the wrong way from time to time, but he really gave this place alot of energy, with his own best intensions, and it certainly won't be the same without him. i feel like there's an empty place in the JJ now and i know he will be missed.

#94 ·
I only knew him from here but he was the first one to chime in when I had a question.
Like it or not he kept all of us chuckle heads from turning the board into a personal bitch fest. Sure he pissed some people off but don't we all. You can't deny his passion or his knowledge.
Thanks Dragon.

#197 ·
Is this Dragon?? What was wrong with him? I just joined in Oct. He responded very quickly to remind me to make an intro. When i responded with an apology he deleted it. I was afraid to make anymore posts because I didn't want to make a mistake but figured whats the worst that could happen. It seems he made himself well known and I think it was a lot of his posts that inspired me to join. looks as though this guy was highly thought of and wish I had been here earlier to get to know more of him.
Wish the best to him and to all
Peace

#99 ·
I got one thing that wasn't posted yet. Sure, he had knowledge... We all have some. But what would get me was how he wouldn't supply one line answers. Yet he would dig up PDF's, things with arrows, obscure JPG's, links to things all over the world, manuals.

Oh, and that yellow snake photo in question.. I feel like it was in the Horse some years ago.

#103 ·
RIP Doug you'll be greatly missed.