Jockey Journal Forum banner

Plunger/Amen Savior frame pic request

19K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  spacerod 
#1 ·
Howdy all, has anyone here built a totally custom plunger frame? I love the look of old BMW R71s/Urals/CJ750s. Quality sucks though. If anyone knows anything about plunger frames let me know.

Gracias.

#5 ·
I had a regular Amen hardtail (pre-Saviour) and later a Saviour frame which I sold. I was told that the Saviour had a nasty habit of "cocking" the rear axle ( re: each side could move independently) which could lead to alot of bad stuff happenig instantly; chain coming off, rear wheel lockup, etc. The Saviour had much less rake/stretch than the regular hardtail, and I didnt build it because I just didnt dig the lines of it. The regular hardtail had much more of a "digger" type stance. The original hardtail by them was an awesome frame, well built and the lines/rake were perfect. Mine was a 750 Honda; this was my first build... heres a pic of it after I sold it to an "artist" who made the sculpture of the dude and plopped his fat ass on it. It had drag bars on it when I sold it to him. ( BTW: if anyone wants to purchase this lovely sculpture, it's only 55,000. Yes, 55 THOUSAND.) I sold him the chop for 5K cash, to finance my 1st HD build. In retrospect, a ridiculously stupid move; as the Honda was a great chop, fast, reliable, looked great. Yeah; young/dumb/wanted a Harley...:(

Attachments

#7 ·
No high jack but that sculptor I think I worked for him in the early 90's. Used to live in SRQ, Fl.
You are correct! Can you get my bike back for me?????;) (55 thousand?? Somebody sure is impressed with himself... I just cant see it.)

#8 ·
Howdy all, has anyone here built a totally custom plunger frame? I love the look of old BMW R71s/Urals/CJ750s. Quality sucks though. If anyone knows anything about plunger frames let me know.

Gracias.
hi, I'm new here, but I had a plunger frame. I loved the look but unfotunately I had to sell it before I got a chance to ride it. I am thinking o fbuilding another, but after reading this post I may chnge my mind and just go hardtail. here's a pic of mine
(ps) this was my dream bike almost realised. still crying about it, but I decided I will try to build it again.

#11 ·
I've got two Savior framed CB's (well, right now they're both apart but ya know). Anyway, I put a lot of miles on one last summer and I loved it. Just enough suspension for railroad tracks and potholes to keep from ruinin your back. One of mine is getting all new bushings right now (new plunger parts too). If you keep 'em in good shape they're as safe and reliable as any other frame. You gotta oil them like a springer. No one did and they rusted up inside and got a bad rep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.