Jockey Journal Forum banner

LITTLE JOHN 5 in a 4 speed case?

17K views 24 replies 19 participants last post by  twowheeler63 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever seen one of these before? 5 speed for a pan. I think this one was on display at an old bike shop. But I cant find any info about it online. Any info would be appreciated.

See less See more
#18 ·
I was here in Denver back then, he wanted another gear as he was topping out at 120 ish with strokers, Yes, He tried to sell it to harley, Two Wheelers bike shop as right down the street in denver, i think they are still arround, if there are parts they would know, fresh trannies he would pre run in each gear something like 12 hours, each gear, before selling. A whole shovel bike back then sold for $3000

#19 ·
I saw some at daytona back in the 80's and 90's everyone I saw was broken and no parts where to be had. at the time I think 1 or 2 of the gears where kinda thin to get it all in there. many of the pieces like seals , shift fork where stock 4 speed but the gear set where custom made. seems like the same gear was broke in everyone. never saw one in a bike though just busted in the swapmeet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.