Would love to hear some opinions on what to do with the bike

Chop it?
Cafe it?
Leave it alone and just ride it?

Couldn't find a decent 65FB Tank so a buddy lent me this one
Motor was tore down and re build just before i picked it up

See less See more
#3 ·
I think you really only need a direction if you're looking at a pile of parts on the floor. Do whatever you want to it, whenever you want. That bike is super cool. If you're thinking about a café style... throw on some clip-ons, a new seat, and ride it. If you don't like it, it's not hard to throw the old bars back on and try something else. Cutting the ass off the frame however, is a little harder to undo.

I kinda feel like, when you get a bike like that... meaning 40 years on the road, still looking good, running like a champ, and carrying around it's own bit of history, you really need to just live with it for a while. Of course make it YOURS... but eventually, just by you KNOWING it, it'll develop it's own style. (That sounds like a total douche-bag line, but I'm a sentimental softie. It's the cross I bear).

Hope that helps!
-BK

#4 ·
I try to avoid telling people what to do with their own bikes, but since you asked....it looks great as is. If you want a cafe racer styled bike, your BSA would lend itself to it very well and very easily. If you want a chop, find a pile of parts to build a chop out of and leave that one alone. If you don't know if you want a little road burner cafe bike, or a chopper, leave it alone until you figure it out because the two styles are completely 100% different from one another. It is cool as is, I'd ride it as is at least until you come up with a better plan for it.

#10 ·
Somewhere, in past years, it was published that only 200 of them were built......and you still see that from time to time. I never believed that cause I've seen too many over the years. Hell, I even bought parts off one that one of the members here desecrated!

Anyway, everyone else who ought to know agrees no more than 1400-1500 were built.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.