Jockey Journal Forum banner

Angry Monkey Motorcycles LONG bike Build thread

71K views 223 replies 45 participants last post by  Rob Axel 
#1 ·
Wait?! What!? A long bike from Angry Monkey Motorcycles? Say it isn't so! Yep, it is for real, and it is also a "unit" bike to boot. This client build has been started for over a year but because of frame delays, outside of my realm of control, it is only now starting in earnest.

The plan is the client flying in, then riding this puppy out to Sturgis THIS June. Ambitious? Yes. Possible? Yes. That is, IF everything else falls into place on time. All I can tell you for sure is that I'm going to give it my best effort. So buckle up and enjoy the ride :D

This is the list of basics features on this bike:
Fully polished 650 bumped to 750 Engine built by Dan at Franz and Grubb
Sugar bear 18" over springer with #2 rockers,
46* degree rake, twin down-tubes, goose-necked, full frame, by Speed Devices
16" rear wheel w/firestone vintage tire,
21" front wheel w/Speedmaster tire and small disc brake (GASP!),
vertical oil tank
AMM saddle.
The rest will have to be figured out as we go, since this is my first Choppa' :D

Here are a few of the parts collected so far...

Donor bike: "tagged" frame, which will be sold off. Titled '70 engine.

18" over Sugar Bear Springer:

OG ARD setup on the right will go on this bike. The aftermarket ARD on left was sent to client for use on one of his other Triumph bikes.

Adam of Speed Devices finishing up the frame. WOOOO-HOOOO!

See less See more
#6 ·
Haha! There are no head steadies because the frame is not even welded together yet. I will be adding all those details here in my shop. I will shake it down before he gets here. There is no way I'd send him off on a major trip without getting the bugs out.

#25 ·
Thanks for the kind words guys! I will try to answer questions and update with pics as I have time. This is going to be fun!

Yes, BNR belt drive primary. Podtronics EI and rectifier, not sure if I'm using a battery or not at this point.

Wow, I'm suprized thats for sure. I look forward to seeing you version of a long bike. You got some nice bits to star with.
Can't wait to this build take shape and the details you are going to come up with along the way.
Do I see a prism tank in the far distance?
Lester
Haha! Maybe. I'll have to pitch the idea to the client.

Lester.. prism tank?... if Dan decides to go that route.. I've got one on my shelf I would gladly donate to this build..
That would be awesome! Can you send pics? Thanks!

Well, it is nearly Christmas. I'm having real difficulty picturing how an Angry Monkey long bike will turn out, but that makes it all the more exciting to watch. Good luck (as if you need it)!
I am also having difficulty picturing how this will turn out. It's like a bizzaro-build for me :D

Tony! It's been a long time friend! Well, the only thing I am sure of, is that this build won't be as cool as your shovel. :D

More pics! Please?
This is the only other pic I have. However, latest word is the frame has had to be re-made for some reason. So it may be slightly different that the pics posted thus far.

#11 ·
Wait wait wait.... Are pigs flying?

Ill look out the window... nope.

I must be dreaming and its not my Birthday.... hmmm

A brit Looooong bike. Finally, finally Dan has come to his senses, or my "build cool shit"machine is working correctly.

I love technology. This is going to be good.

#12 ·
Wow, I'm suprized thats for sure. I look forward to seeing you version of a long bike. You got some nice bits to star with.
Cann't wait to this build take shape and the details you are going to come up with along the way.
Do I see a prism tank in the far distance?

Lester

#29 ·
Looking good
Thanks! What part of the Mid South are you from?

I liked it just as it was, good luck with your makeover!
Yep, it didn't look too bad at first blush to me either, but the work was tweaker-level, back-alley stuff. Add to that the frame had been "tagged" by another state's DMV as a '97. This put it out of contention for being used.

Following for sure, Rock on Dan!!!
Thanks Steve! There will be a few of your parts on there too when it's all said and done.

Here is the latest pic I have of the frame, even though it is probably all together by now. Yes, I am excited!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.