Jockey Journal Forum banner

The designated springer ID thread

343K views 731 replies 207 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 · (Edited)
Changed this up so others can put there Springer ID questions here so the board doesn't get clogged with multiple threads.

Just purchased this springer, it's en route to me so this is the only pic i have for now til it comes next week. Looking for any help identifying it. Looks similar to a Sugar Bear (rockers and trees) but the front legs and spuds look different.

Any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#333 · (Edited)
Noob here and could really use help ID'ing this springer, Ive looked at alot of pics online and just cant match it up to one.

Seller says its a genuine HD springer, he bought it used and got told that they ordered it from HD, Doesnt look like any HD springs ive seen so far.

Looks most like a dna (yuck) except for the coil pattern of the springs, the way the shock mount is, and the curve in the main fork is a little more round than squared on like on the dnas, it might be an earlier version or some thing. maybe a dna with an hd shock mount?

None the less, Im hoping to swap something like this on my 07 street bob, anybody have any idea if it will bolt up without to many modifications? will i have to grind down the steering stops or move the tank?

Hes asking 1100

Any help is appreciated!

#339 ·
Pretty sure its the same as the springer lilbill took pics of a couple post ago and the one filthyluke posted on page 15. I'm going to start digging through some old magazines and see what I can't come up with ... Someone mentioned that filtylukes might be a smith bros but I don't think that's right.

This post has been deleted
#350 ·
Howdy folks,
I'm glad that I found this forum. You guys have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to id'ing these old springers. Helped me determine I had not bought a jammer at Charlotte swap last weekend but in fact a fury with front twist. Now my question is my springer did not come with the top tree and it doesn't seem to be standard hole centers(5 1/8) I believe. I'm fairly confident I can make one but would prefer to buy one that keeps the set original. I dry fitted several at the meet with no luck and eBay dimensions are usually 4 3/4. Anyone got a direction I can go in to find a top tree and maybe how much my springer is worth. I can post pics but it doesn't look as though its ever been mounted.

#351 ·
What is this???

#353 · (Edited)
You said it! I can't find any other pics. It was in Sept. '74 Easyriders. The rockers kind of look like a cross between the ones lil bill posted above and stock.

#355 ·
How about this one?

#357 ·
Still looking for an answer. Found another pic...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.