54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread) - Page 3 - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #41
Whitlock
Senior Member
 
Whitlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 172
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstarts View Post
What part of the cable didn't fit?
The end that that went into the engine case. Maybe they sent the wrong one. I went through JP cycles.
__________________
Check out more from WRECKED METALS

WEBSITE

The BLOG

FACEBOOK
Whitlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #42
kickstarts
Senior Member
 
kickstarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Outer Banks, NC
Posts: 2,627
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlock View Post
The end that that went into the engine case. Maybe they sent the wrong one. I went through JP cycles.
I'm sure you know what you're doing but the cable sleeve fitting didn't fit into the cam cover? Is that right? Most of these right side cables are a little loose in the cover.

I remove the kicker cover, flip it over and insert the rectangular end into the throw out arm tangs(pain in the ass) and then I turn the kicker cover right side up and into the position that it will attach to the engine and then I pull the cable outer sleeve till it won't come out anymore and then I slip the exposed part of the cable into the slotted receiver on the cam cover(another pain in the ass) and then position the kicker cover where it needs to be and install the kicker cover bolts.

I don't want to assume you haven't done one of these before so please don't be insulted, I'm not trying to be a dick. If you haven't done one of these there are a few easy tricks that make it easier or a few steps you might not be familiar with. I've done it so many times I can do it in my sleep. If you have a pic of the cable, I can tell you whether you have the right one.
__________________
Real tomato ketchup, Eddie?
kickstarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #43
sintax
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 41
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

anyone know if this frame was built for the KH or was it built for something else and adapted for the KH down the road?

Either way, its a way sick bike that is super unique. I always had a thing for Denvers work, he was a cool dude.
sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #44
Whitlock
Senior Member
 
Whitlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 172
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstarts View Post
I'm sure you know what you're doing but the cable sleeve fitting didn't fit into the cam cover? Is that right? Most of these right side cables are a little loose in the cover.

I remove the kicker cover, flip it over and insert the rectangular end into the throw out arm tangs(pain in the ass) and then I turn the kicker cover right side up and into the position that it will attach to the engine and then I pull the cable outer sleeve till it won't come out anymore and then I slip the exposed part of the cable into the slotted receiver on the cam cover(another pain in the ass) and then position the kicker cover where it needs to be and install the kicker cover bolts.

I don't want to assume you haven't done one of these before so please don't be insulted, I'm not trying to be a dick. If you haven't done one of these there are a few easy tricks that make it easier or a few steps you might not be familiar with. I've done it so many times I can do it in my sleep. If you have a pic of the cable, I can tell you whether you have the right one.
Thanks for the Info. I am not sure what was going on. Neither end of the cable would fit into the cam cover it was to big. I sent it back. Maybe Ill reorder it and see if there was some kind of mistake.
__________________
Check out more from WRECKED METALS

WEBSITE

The BLOG

FACEBOOK
Whitlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #45
tin top tiny
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: dirty jersey
Posts: 113
Send a message via AIM to tin top tiny
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

super bad ass
tin top tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #46
Whitlock
Senior Member
 
Whitlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 172
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Well everything is torn down and sent off to paint, chrome, powder coating, and the tumbler.



__________________
Check out more from WRECKED METALS

WEBSITE

The BLOG

FACEBOOK
Whitlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #47
Grease Rod
Senior Member
 
Grease Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Burbank
Posts: 177
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Oh man I'm excited to see this one! I know zero about those engines, but I really dig the look of them. If you could let me know some info on it that'd be great? Can't wait to see more. Love the sissy bar and the mounts. Definitely gotta agree with Danny F. too that a frame really makes or breaks what a bike will look like. Keep them coming!
__________________
http://www.machinasceleritas.blogspot.com

Burbank
Grease Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:03 AM   #48
Ken Cormier
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: bangor maine
Posts: 520
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Wow is all I can say. The look of that bike is outstanding. You have done a super job. Thanks for sharing
Ken Cormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:42 PM   #49
Whitlock
Senior Member
 
Whitlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 172
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Here we go. Just took it off the stand today. Just a few little things to finish up. Kicked it over for the first time today and it sounds good! Ill post more photo when she is on the road.







__________________
Check out more from WRECKED METALS

WEBSITE

The BLOG

FACEBOOK
Whitlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #50
jimmi
Member
 
jimmi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Olympia, WA.
Posts: 61
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Pure class.
jimmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 12:55 PM   #51
KustomLuke
Member
 
KustomLuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mountain Home, ID
Posts: 99
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitlock View Post
Here we go. Just took it off the stand today. Just a few little things to finish up. Kicked it over for the first time today and it sounds good! Ill post more photo when she is on the road.







Ill 2ed that! Sounds loud and mean!
KustomLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:09 PM   #52
ElekVins
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 521
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Beauty !
Excellent job !!
ElekVins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #53
servi53
Senior Member
 
servi53's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: east peoria IL
Posts: 1,106
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

gorgeous, love it
servi53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:08 PM   #54
66headysporty
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: charlottesville
Posts: 67
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Great looking bike, killer job.
66headysporty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #55
redrabbit
Senior Member
 
redrabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: denver by way of austin tx
Posts: 409
Default Re: 54 KH Model in Denvers frame (Build Thread)

Damn.thats one sweet ride. Congrats!
redrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrecked metals

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.