Home made springer... - Page 3 - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #41
B!ngTheBarber
Junior Member
 
B!ngTheBarber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 21
Default Re: Home made springer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps junkslinger View Post
That honda cx or what ever it is blows my mind....I recall seeing it in the horse or some mag....I like it even if it's (unmetionable) on this forum...

+1 for some reason im digging it to! i cant say i would build it...but i like it!
B!ngTheBarber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #42
OnVacation
Senior Member
 
OnVacation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Petersburg, VA
Posts: 334
Default Re: Home made springer...

Dude, I had to sort through two and three year old posts for this?!?! Thanks!

I totally did that 'holey' springer. Looks like the legs from some old hi-lift jacks.

Now I'm gonna start shopping for some more hi-lift jacks.

I love it when old post come back up
__________________
Land of the Free, because of the Brave
OnVacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #43
JOE P
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 36
Default Re: Home made springer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGGandhi View Post
Anyone build one of these inverted springer?
That would be mine......
JOE P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #44
Ironsled77
Senior Member
 
Ironsled77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toliet,IL
Posts: 387
Default Re: Home made springer...

Joe p you said you didn't mind share your plans do tell! Or send me a link...
__________________
A generation born to witness the end of the world
Ironsled77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:39 AM   #45
JOE P
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 36
Wink Re: Home made springer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironsled77 View Post
Joe p you said you didn't mind share your plans do tell! Or send me a link...
I did the complete Springer on a cad program (STD cad free to download of net) and have them saved on my pc at home. I can send them but I take no responsibility on it. I built this for myself, not to sell or anything and is for my personal use only (legal disclaimer)

On a side note Im asked for these plans atleast once or twice every couple of months so I wish i could post them somewhere and just let everyone have at it. but again se legal disclaimer lol
JOE P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #46
bpeak
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 141
Default Re: Home made springer...

If I ever set out to build my own springer... since I've never built one before... I think I'm going to start with Bitter End Old School Choppers' kit. All the parts are there. Just add tubes. Nice narrow kit too. Want less hardware? Done. All the harware? Done.

Anyone build one from their kit?

My 2 cents.
__________________
I believe Genesis 1:1a.
bpeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #47
JOE P
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 36
Default Re: Home made springer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeak View Post
If I ever set out to build my own springer... since I've never built one before... I think I'm going to start with Bitter End Old School Choppers' kit. All the parts are there. Just add tubes. Nice narrow kit too. Want less hardware? Done. All the harware? Done.

Anyone build one from their kit?

My 2 cents.
I agree with you on that, I wouldnt try to tackle this with out some exper under ur belt, after all it is someone's life on the line.
The first one I build was one of there kits, and the parts are very good quility.

Ive since build a few more. Here is my last one from over the winter. I took a old springer and reused the legs. Made new trees and springer perch to my liking,had to shortin the legs, and with the combination of the trees being offset and the rockers I was able to get 4.5" trail on my frame which is -2 down and 42* in the neck.




same springer but with a differnt frt leg idea. I will be using this frt leg on the current springer I have in the works.
JOE P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:13 PM   #48
OGGandhi
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Palm Bay,florida
Posts: 65
Default Re: Home made springer...

Did you use precision springs on this or did you grind them flat?
OGGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:26 PM   #49
rusty dog
Member
 
rusty dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: oshawa
Posts: 36
Default Re: Home made springer...

Model a ford radius rods welded to a springer-xa- will do it................
rusty dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #50
harv65
Junior Member
 
harv65's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: hudson nc
Posts: 8
Default Re: Home made springer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinthead View Post
Me too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE P View Post
I agree with you on that, I wouldnt try to tackle this with out some exper under ur belt, after all it is someone's life on the line.
The first one I build was one of there kits, and the parts are very good quility.

Ive since build a few more. Here is my last one from over the winter. I took a old springer and reused the legs. Made new trees and springer perch to my liking,had to shortin the legs, and with the combination of the trees being offset and the rockers I was able to get 4.5" trail on my frame which is -2 down and 42* in the neck.




same springer but with a differnt frt leg idea. I will be using this frt leg on the current springer I have in the works.
Joe I would love to see the plans you have if you still have them in your cad
harv65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #51
Olgraybeard
Senior Member
 
Olgraybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Eatonville, Wa
Posts: 176
Default Re: Home made springer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrafixxMan View Post
can't do it man. sorry. i have plenty, but it falls under the catagory of "ain't supposed to be from around here"
OMG I'm blind, I'm blind . . . I think it was Japanese!!!
Olgraybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #52
4444Design
Senior Member
 
4444Design's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Austria Graz
Posts: 560
Default Re: Home made springer...

some freakin' cool fab-work there!

congrats for you guys
__________________
www.4444-Chang-Jiang-Design.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...6248&sk=photos

Find me on Facebook: Thomas Chang Jiang
4444Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.