Why can't I post replies yet? - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #1
Jbonesy

Default Why can't I post replies yet?

Hi there,

Just wondering why I cannot post replies in the swap meet area, and on the side bar It says i "many not" post new threads ect..

I have been a member for a little while now and I have no idea why I don't have any right yet.. Maybe its just a glitch thing?

Anyways let me know if there is anything I can do..

Thanks!

Justin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
shovithead

Default Re: Why can't I post replies yet?

Read the stickys. Unless I am wrong, you may only post on the board, until you get 50 post. Then you can post on the swap meet and other areas. That way, we know you are not a spammer/etc.

72 Chevy C30 truck
73 Custom Shovel
70 XLH
69 XLH
69 XLH *project*
68 XLCH *project*
68 XLCH *project*
66 FLH *Daily Rider*
66 Shovel/Pan/Pan*project*
65 XLCH *project*
60 XLCH*project*
51 FL *project*
Old 01-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
Jbonesy

Ahh makes sense.. Ok.. better start getting some point I guess.. thanks for the reply.. I check the stickys but somehow missed it..

Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
M.O.Ther

If you read the stickies you'll also see that you pretty much shouldn't be replying to anything in swap anyway. Use PMs to communicate with sellers.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:34 AM   #5
derek

The Jockey Journal is the only forum of the ones listed below that requires 50 posts before you can start/post on a classified. Posting on a classified should be "pm sent" & maybe what you're interested in.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #6
Tattoo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
The Jockey Journal is the only forum of the ones listed below that requires 50 posts before you can start/post on a classified. Posting on a classified should be "pm sent" & maybe what you're interested in.

I think it's a GREAT idea. All forums should do the same thing to cut down on spam.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
Jbonesy

Cool.. Thanks guys, sorry about the newbie question..

I did use PM but just wanted to know why I couldn't post. No big deal..

Thanks for all the help.

JB
Old 02-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
M.O.Ther

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Posting on a classified should be "pm sent" & maybe what you're interested in.
No. "PM sent" shouldn't be posted in a classified. Read the stickies. here are rules 4 and 5:

4. Ads can only be "bumped to the top" once every three days. "pm sent " or " do you have pics " type comments will bump adds early and be deleted .

5. Please only reply to ads with relevant questions - no remarks or conversations within the swap meet.

Bumping one guy's ad with useless posts pushes other guys ads down and eventually off the page. The seller knows you sent a PM, and posting it like you would "dibs" is unnecessary. Most sellers will sell stuff on a first come first served basis, but not everyone chooses to do that. It's their stuff and their prerogative.

Relevant questions are ones like "Does that rim have 36 or 40 spoke holes?" It's stuff that makes a difference as to whether you want to buy it or not, and might help the next guy if the answer isn't the one you wanted.

Sometimes there appears to be conversation within a classified ad thread, especially a "wanted" ad. This is because sometimes the moderators see what starts as conversation on the main board as being a post that should be in the wanted section, and they move it.

Last edited by M.O.Ther; 02-03-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Indiana Kid

had the same problem, im new too, thanks for posting this thread guys.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.Ther View Post
No. "PM sent" shouldn't be posted in a classified. Read the stickies. here are rules 4 and 5:

4. Ads can only be "bumped to the top" once every three days. "pm sent " or " do you have pics " type comments will bump adds early and be deleted .

5. Please only reply to ads with relevant questions - no remarks or conversations within the swap meet.

Bumping one guy's ad with useless posts pushes other guys ads down and eventually off the page. The seller knows you sent a PM, and posting it like you would "dibs" is unnecessary. Most sellers will sell stuff on a first come first served basis, but not everyone chooses to do that. It's their stuff and their prerogative.

Relevant questions are ones like "Does that rim have 36 or 40 spoke holes?" It's stuff that makes a difference as to whether you want to buy it or not, and might help the next guy if the answer isn't the one you wanted.

Sometimes there appears to be conversation within a classified ad thread, especially a "wanted" ad. This is because sometimes the moderators see what starts as conversation on the main board as being a post that should be in the wanted section, and they move it.
I guess I should've read them ALL. Used to other forums classifieds. Of all the Atomic Industry forums, this is the only one with the min 50 post rule. No big deal. I guess ANY question for the seller can be in the form of a pm, if it's info that was not included in the original ad, then the seller can & should EDIT his ad with that info.

Last edited by derek; 02-04-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:16 AM   #11
Loffer

The "PM sent" thing makes no sense or serves no function anyway. I left a message to tell you i am sending you a personal message. dumb..
Old 02-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #12
blackbee

I was wondering that myself but was able to private message the seller about their item for sale.
Closed Thread