Jockey Journal Forum banner

wlc trike build (pics inside)

9K views 32 replies 22 participants last post by  ralphiejantz 
#1 ·
Got this flathead WLC motor and trike frame in a pile (along with the 60 xlch im doing also)
just thought I would post some pics up on here if anyone wants to take a look
this is another build Im doing with my dads (this bike is his the '60 xlch is mine)

This is what it looked like when we found it

and after a few weeks worth of work
top half on the motor all freshened up
fresh hone, rings, new valves etc.
got 2 new rims for the rear, powdercoated the hubs and re laced the rear wheels and added some new rubber
all the work is done by myself and my dad including all the powdercoat etc.
only thing we farmed out was the machine work on the cylinders
got a long ways to go but its a start

gonna get the front end on this weekend and see how it sits then I have to do some plating around the neck as it was raked before and had some hairline cracks where it was re welded

See less See more
#10 ·
thanks for the compliments
got the front end on,
blasted the front wheel and cleaned up the rotor and scored this avon speedmaster tire for $50 at a local indy
found these bars at a local swap
Im gonna cut them and narrow them a lot to fit the outside profile of the bike
but its starting to look decent

#11 ·
What can I say but WOW!!! That's a sharp looking trike and I know alot of people that would of passed it over as junk (I'm not one). I just hope someday I can get a neat find like that. Can't wait to see it finished I'll be watching this one. Keep up the good work.:cool:

#13 ·
not sure yet to be honest
im gonna play around with some tanks, and some seats and probably get it running
I might make something up for the back or just leave it all open

I would like to find a factory rear box section but we'll see what happens

#21 ·
got some more work done
happy to say that I set the timing up today and poured some gas in the carb and she fired right up on the 3rd kick

so I got to work on the gas tanks
I took a few inches out of each side of a set of shovelhead split tanks,
gonna weld them back up and they should look pretty good
they were way too wide of a look in factory form

#25 ·
yeah I wanted to do a nice set of stainless rabbit ears but its my dad bike Im doing for him and he dont like the rabbit ears so he's gonna go with these
not my choice but not my bike

got some work done on the tanks today

#27 ·
got the tanks finished up last night
just have to get back over to my dads place to see where I need to make the tabs to mount them then send them off to the radiator shop to get sealed and theyre done
my dad really likes them a lot so Im happy with that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.