Jockey Journal Forum banner

The Passion Of Burt Munro

9K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  Dean Lowe 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
When I rented the movie my wife just kind of sighed and resigned herself to suffering through another "gearhead" flick. She was hooked ten minutes in. The story was about far more than motorcycles, it was about passion for life, a quest to get everything out of your days that you can. Great man, Great film, great pictures. thanks for sharing them.

#6 ·
Some of the subjects on Vintage Fuel Drag Bikes knew Burt and were racing at Bonneville when he was. Boris Murray, Leo Payne and Dave Campos come to mind. Boris told me a few years ago the movie was accurate. The movie was one of the most enjoyable I have seen. It is a shame it did not get the distribution to movie theaters it deserved. It never opened here in Charlotte but I own a copy I can watch when I want to.

#7 ·
Thanks for diggin up good stuff and sharing with us. I have a copy of the World's Fastest Indian and watch it when i need a kick in the pants motivation . I enjoy the clips of interviews with Burt sitting in his shop . He was a craftsman .

#9 ·
yeah ole Burt is still well know down in Socal before the movie came out, in fact I remember when the producer said he had the scrip and I waited and waited for the movie, man 15 years later!!! If you get a chance to see it allso look at the other sections on the DVD, Offerings to the God of speed, shows all the super 8 footidge of burt!!

.......Roach.

#14 ·
yeah ole Burt is still well know down in Socal before the movie came out, in fact I remember when the producer said he had the scrip and I waited and waited for the movie, man 15 years later!!! If you get a chance to see it allso look at the other sections on the DVD, Offerings to the God of speed, shows all the super 8 footidge of burt!!

.......Roach.
Roach, I don't know why I should hate you more... that you reminded me that I didn't notice that there were interviews with Burt on the disc that I missed, or that you reminded me that I don't own the disc! I'm gonna' go cry now. -Bill

#11 ·
Ryan, thanks so much for posting this. Dad and I were in that crowd when Burt was presented with the bag of cash donated by his fellow racers. 20 bucks of Dad's was in that bag.

Also notice entry #21 on the '68 entrants list. The '68 meet was rained out. We had to wait another year and come back in '69 to set our records.

#19 ·
Dean, do you know the name Theo Ozen? Number 25 on that list. He raced at Bonneville and El Mirage from the late 60's through until the early 80's. 650 cc Triumph, may have had a fairing at that point

Tyler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.