Jockey Journal Forum banner

T-MAC Terror Shovel Build

22K views 147 replies 55 participants last post by  spent 
#1 ·
I'm finally working on my Shovel after a couple MAJOR road blocks on the way. I bought a running bike with a 73 FL frame and 80" Shovel and cow pie trans out of a 79 FXEF and rode it for a summer. It ran good but wasn't what I wanted.I was looking for a nimble around town machine so I thought I put the powertrain into a light bike. So... I bought a new Maximum Metalworks rigid frame,narrow glide,new sporty tank,21" wheel and a few other odds and ends. Work got REALLY busy so I thought I'd have guy I met on here thats 2hrs south of me do some fab work and get it a roller for me because I never had the time to touch it. It was good at first but progress came to a hault and the fab work was very poor and VERY unsafe. He dinged me $3500 for a few parts and shitty welding that I broke off with a rubber hammer and cresent wrench.Again work got busy and the bike sat all summer so I found another "builder" this time 2.5 hrs north of me to get things going...9 months and $3300,and every excuse in the book I picked the bike back up with nothing done too it other than some cheesy fender mounts that I broke off by hand and NO refund on my money. He says he messed up but he'll get my money back to me when he wants.... Anyways sorry for the sob story but I thought I'd get it off my chest due to both these "builders" being members on here.

I'm going to get this bike built if it kills me!!! haha

Attachments

See less See more
#119 ·
No your not, well sorta. When ya cut the springs your shorting the travel because the sliders will sit higher up on the tubes, thus shortining it. When ya cut the tubes, you still have the same amount of travel but since the tubes are shorter, your lowering the front end.

Now the sorta part, if you cut to much off the tubes they will bottom out on the bottom of the lower tripple tree.

#123 ·
I am really liking the stance....any info on the plate between the tranny and motor? I am also running a 1 1/2 inch belt with mids and looking at a similar platform...
gonna have to read deeper into the threat to get info on the neck and degree ..

#130 ·
I finally have had time to get my bike together.... Its been a long 3 years and I almost scrapped the project a couple times. Here are some final assembly pictures. I still need to do a couple things this week but hope to make some miles by the weekend

Attachments

#140 ·
Does anyone have a diagram for a 35mm Showa narrowglide(84-87 sporty vintage I'm told) I think I have it put together wrong. It seems to be binding up. The stock springs were already cut when I bought the front end. Is there supposed to be a damper spring also? I can't find any info on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.