Jockey Journal Forum banner

The Bottom Feeder. Shovel Build.

95K views 392 replies 65 participants last post by  Motocrash 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my first "ground Up" build.The wife has christened it "Bottom Feeder" because most of the parts have come from scouring the net and snatching up stuff others have discarded.
Here's day two, I didn't take a pic of the motor when I brought it home because i was so anxious to get it scrubbed and a peek inside and get the crusty rocker boxes polished. Speaking of polished, all of the parts shown in this thread were polished by hand. No buffing wheels, just files, sandpaper and Mothers.
This started nearly 3 years ago. I'd hoped to have it finished this spring but like so many others right now, money has been very tight. For now, I feel good knowing that it's still moving forward.
My Labor of Love.

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Building motor. Bottom already done (oil pump rebuilt, new gaskets, breather, shims, bushings, clearances checked, etc), jugs blasted and painted, heads assembled with new valve guides, valves.
I don't have tranny build pics. My ADD/OCD took over and as soon as I had it in my hands and it got worked over. It got some new internals, FX top, new covers, seals...

#12 · (Edited)
I cleaned all of the logos off of the bars and after much agonising I've decided to put the polish beast back in his cage and leave the bars bead blasted. They look real nice and match the bead blast on the heads. The front end is getting a little over polished I think and a little bead blast here and there will tone it down a little. I may bead blast the calipers to match.

Edit: Polish beast is sitting in the corner grumbling... keeps saying something about the anodizing on the bars looks purple.

Edit #2 : Had a dream last night the the bike was finshed and I was pissed because the handlebars were purple... Mmmm... polish..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.