Jockey Journal Forum banner

CV Carb

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  caschnd1 
#1 ·
I've been looking for CV carb for my pan. Bought one but was lost by USPS, then found one on ebay. The desciption read "Harley Davidson CV carb new", But fine print read OEMSTD Performance.

I guess the question is does anyone here have any experience with this off brand carb and or should I just send it back?

#5 ·
Thinking by your location you are in Colorado. There is a swap meet in Denver next weekend you should be able to find what you want there. We have put a lot of CV's on all years of Harley engines. I am not sure what the fine print is all about I have not seen that. The carbs I have here don't have that on them. We have made adapters to mount as we need. I have more trouble finding a good clean air cleaner system that is not as big as a bread box. At a reasonable price. Good luck

#8 ·
I've been looking for CV carb for my pan. Bought one but was lost by USPS, then found one on ebay. The desciption read "Harley Davidson CV carb new", But fine print read OEMSTD Performance.

I guess the question is does anyone here have any experience with this off brand carb and or should I just send it back?
tired a CV on my panhead, it ran ok

then I tried a HS40 mikuni, it ran a whole lot better - sold the CV on fleabay and never regretted switching to the mikuni

#12 ·
Hmmmm... I thought the EPA had eliminated the overflow a few years earlier the 2001. Is that the original bowl on your RG? I could be wrong on the date. Not really important I guess. I do prefer the bowls with the overflow just so the carb can't overflow into the intake and flood the bottom end with fuel.

-Craig

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.