Jockey Journal Forum banner

7MW-Aluminum fenders, oil tanks, stainless struts.

78K views 83 replies 36 participants last post by  cabana dan 
#1 · (Edited)
7-Metal-West: Ribbed Aluminum Fenders, Oil Bags, Sissy Bar Style Fender Struts

JJ members receive $10 off fenders by ordering from the JJ members page here:

http://www.7metalwest.com/jj_pricing

Heavy 10 gage (.100" thk) fenders. 5" wide x 36" long to fit a 16" wheel.

Oil Tanks: Custom made vertical beehive, horizontal ribbed, and standard spun aluminum tanks

Sissy Bar Style Fender Struts: Height adjustable 3/8" stainless sissy bar fender struts

See less See more
#30 · (Edited)
Re: 7 Metal West - Bee Hive Oil Tanks

Really great work on the oil tanks. Beautiful! I will definiitely be talking to you down the road. Question: Howcome just 16" on the fenders? Again, nice product w/good price, but I'm lookin' at an 18"x4:00 rear
Patience grasshopper. 18's will follow shortly after.

Thanks for the compliment

#37 ·
Adam,
No plans on doing any wheel covers, but if all the stars line up correctly, we might be coming out with an aluminum mag wheel. Besides, you're going to need something to put underneath the fender right?

Clay,
Thanks for the compliment. Always great to see 7MW parts on well built motorcycles.

Dan, thanks for the call the other day. It was good talking with you, and your fenders look great, looking forward to using one on my alloy tank bike soon!

#39 ·
I've been talking to a bunch of guys latlely on the subject of aluminum fenders. Most guys have a negative feeling about the aluminum because of the lack of strength. The most prevalent aluminum fender out there is the West Eagle fender stamped out of Japan. I have yet to find anyone with anything positive to say about this fender because it is so light and breaks easily. What has seem to have happen is now guys associate aluminum fenders with the light gage stamped fender out of West Eagle. Our fenders are 2.5 times the thickness of the West Eagle fender. I shot a picture of our fender next to a West Eagle fender to show the difference. Not even close to the same ballpark.

#52 ·
Thanks for the good feedback Ryan.

Just started doing stock replacement rear fenders for your swingarm project. Skinny up your backside with a 5" wide x 33.5" long (28.5" diameter) ribbed or smooth ducktail fender. Take off the heavy, pitted, steel fender and use this 1/8" thick beauty. As always JJ members get $10 off retail. JJ member price $130 delivered to the continental US.

#54 · (Edited)
#59 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.