Jockey Journal Forum banner

My harmon long bike build!

29K views 138 replies 61 participants last post by  leftypoorboy 
#1 ·
So not to long ago i picked up a harmon front end 24 over and decided its time to build a long bike. So i was either gonna build a shovel or a pan so a basket shovel project came up and wa la... The start of a delkron case build from the bottom up.. so luckily my good friend john found a harmon frame for to match my front end. The neck was no where close to be raked right and i am lucky enough to know Bill harmon who built these bike for the past decades with john harmon when he was alive and Bill still builds these front ends.. so bill is rakeing out this neck to fit my front end and i am lucky enough to work righ along side of him learing all his knowlage...I also am lucky to have a good friend john to help me build this shovel motor to go along with this bike...super stoked!! now for some pics!

The last pic is the look i am going for..i already have that tank and i got a cheetah seat to go with it also.. i will get some better mock up pics when i get the neck on!

Attachments

See less See more
#34 ·
nice to see a project with a 24" over harman !!
thanks for the info on the rake because i have a 24" harman myself and in the near future i will start making a frame for it, still can,t believe for myself that i,m living in belgium and be the proud owner of a 24" harman:):)
why not ? :D
i know 2 guys in belgium who are true fan's of those long harman front ends
one of them is you and the other danny :D

nice project ...smithcasey
great job on the frame !!

#42 ·
So John is in alot of my pics due to his big help so he told me i better get a picture of me in there so they dont think its his bike...haha well got the motor almost done just gotta get the rocker boxes shimmed and 2moro going to weld up the frame at bills hollands shop... here is some more pics...

Attachments

#44 ·
Ok so got the frame welded all up besides motor mount and other small stuff thanks to bill and john getting up to help me get this all together...what great friends i got here... well mocked it up in my garage and here is what it will kinda look like....let me know what you guys think..i am on the fence with the seat right now i really like it but not sure how its gonna look with it...oh yeah it measured out to being 54 degree rake..so nuts...bill said it will be just fine riding like that and the trail is at 1 1/2" out...so it will ride super nice bill says...

Attachments

#45 ·
Much sleeker with the forward tilted downtubes..!

Personally I would go with a shorter (or no) backrest seat.. to compliment the typical overall low profile of a Harman front end & handlebar combo.. but again,that's just my 0.2 cents..

#51 ·
i know the lines dont look right to me with that seat on it...now if i had a24 over with the rabbit ear handle bars that he made i think that would look way better...i am still toyin with it and the fender is not the one i want just something to mock it up....if you guys find any pictures of some rad seats on a harmon bike like this send it to this post... thanks for the input guys...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.