Jockey Journal Forum banner

Max Schaaf's Latest Bike

59K views 89 replies 80 participants last post by  BTS13 
#1 ·
how do you like that title? it took me all day to come up with it. if my cutting and pasting skills are up to snuff then below this text, there should be a picture of my freshly completed bike, masterfully crafted by oakland's own max schaaf. the bike is absolutely insane and i'm lucky as hell to have it, it's my absolute favourite. oh and jasin phares did the wiring. oh, and i'll have to write in the name of the dude in sacramento who worked on the frame. max said he's totally awesome.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

thanks max

See less See more
#29 ·
Absolute perfection on 2 wheels. Max really has got something going on, ...fucker. Wait, that might be a bad thing? Oh shit, I just realized maybe he met some powerful dude at the crossroads of chopper cool, and struck up a deal.............. can only explain why every bike he builds is the motorized equivilent of an orginal Jimi Hendrix played stratocaster.

#30 ·
I have said it before - and I will say it again... Max is extremely talented!

I am a HUGE fan of his work....

He has brings a young fresh eye to this here chopper building!

Congrats on the new bike.... That would be my absolute favorite as well!

Oh and like others said - PLEASE MORE PICS!

#31 ·
yes, as was speculated max painted the tank. he did a... what would you say shitbird? a very "tasteful" job? let us all give him a round of 'golf-clap' applause. seriously though, glad your reading comprehension caught up with your posting. thanks for all the kind words everyone. i know max will appreciate the appreciation.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

www.scottpommier.com

#39 ·
hi-
just wanted to say thanks for everyone's feedback on the bike.
and thanks to scott(murph) for posting such a fancy pic of it. he's
one of those phtographers that can bring out the life inside of a bike in a photo...infact maybe the bike even looks crazier in the photo. ive been
staring at it for 7 months so i have warped prespective on it. never built
a bike for someone as a payment deal before so it freaked me out at first but it was also a challenge. i appreciate that he wanted to stay focused on his photo career and not pretend to be a bike builder but always had input
on changes that were made and is eager to learn at a natural pace.

here is the photo of the bike we started with. a good start for sure. the frame was cracked and raked and bent. all sheet metal, controls, wheels,and other garabage was traded for sabbath 8 tracks, olympia, and
clean sox. thanks to jasin for wiring and scott for patience.

#46 ·
Hey Scott, Lori D. told me you were headed to Max's the pick that beast up. I had no idea it would look that damn good. Well, I did have an idea since Max was the builder. Beautiful. How does it sound?

Awesome job, Max. Shit keeps getting better and better.

—Andy

#50 ·
the first time I was at Marys Club was with Peter ****** Eyes, he kept telling a blond gal he loved her buns, his cousin Anne came with us and we got hoo hoo-ed on Jagermeister and hamms, then Peter called one girl a whore and they threw us out, then Anne ran into her ex fiance and knocked him out with one punch in the street them we slept together but peter jumped in the bed naked and pretty much ****** eyed my shot at being the new fiance. then several years later my little brother mailed me a Marys shirt, and told me he was dating a girl from there, who kinda looked like our aunt Suzy, wich was non other than the gal Peter had bun fascination with. And then Jasin Farris had the shirt on when you guys came to my house, I kept a tight lip then, and now this... I cant help it. Peter called Jason Jessee from the bar when they played Girl You Want, pretty sure JJ hung up on him, then Im pretty sure peter began the "Change" that led to the coast guard fishing him out the drink off the OAKLAND peir.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.