Jockey Journal Forum banner

The One Motorcycle Show

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  dhallilama 
#1 ·

I went last year for the first time (I think they only had one show before last year) and it was pretty cool. A lot of very interesting bikes and a lot of very interesting people. It's in a different place this year.

I wish my bike was more finished, so maybe next year they'll take it.

For those who haven't been it's a lot of vintage and custom. And a lot of PBR. :mrgreen:

From their Facebook page:
Cafe Racers Tv is doing a section on this years show... bigtime.
http://theonemotorcycleshow.com/

See less See more
#6 ·
awesome, totally going this year!

anyone know if kids are allowed? i never found out last year, so ended up not goin'. my kiddos are nuts over stuff like this, couldn't see going without them.
It's pretty unfettered. Certainly no restrictions of any kind. It gets a little rowdy later on as the PBRs disappear. Nothing illegal mind you, just good fun.

Dunno how old your kids are but the show is a lot more mellow early on and not so crowded.

#7 ·
I recently talked to Thor about this years show. The new location won't allow for some of the past years' fun. IE: No impromtu indoor burnout contests. No rev limiter checks. In fact there won't be any running of any engine inside the building for any reason. Not as much rowdy fun, but should be more kid and family friendly.

#12 ·
i'm headed over there in a few hours....

thin white dude around 40, with a big beard, red wool flannel... and a couple young kiddos with me.
(damn, that first part just described about 1/2 the dudes in portland...)

if there's a JJ meetup or anything, i'd not mind sayin' hi...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.