Jockey Journal Forum banner

JJ Travel Assistance

3M views 189 replies 134 participants last post by  ns1972 
#1 ·
As many of you have seen from previous posts there has been a discussion of putting together a list of JJ people willing to help a stranded fellow JJ lister in their area.

To date we have 25 people from 14 states and 2 countries. I will update the list each month and email the updated list as a PDF file on or around the middle of each month. The first update being on the 15th of July.

This is obviously strictly voluntary and at your discretion. You can be removed at any time by simply sending an email with direction to do so.

For those of you that want to be included on the next round, email the following info to me at sltydog@gmail.com.

Country -
State -
City -
First Name -
JJ Screen Name -
Best Phone# to reach -
Email address -
Comments -

Also let me know what your capabilities are.
All are yes/no: Tools, Trailer, Garage, Welder.

Please email this info to me as I can only distribute this list via email and it is easier to keep track of and reply to email.

This list will ONLY be sent to people that are ON THE LIST. We are using first names and no addresses in the interest of safety and security. Also, if possible send a non-work or private home email address. It is preferable to use an email address such as yahoo (Yahoo.com), hotmail (hotmail.com), or gmail (gmail.com)(you need and invite for this one. if you want one email me and I can invite the first 100 people for free).

Thanks.

Tim

See less See more
#183 ·
I could bang out a simple web page that would let people log in, view the list, and add themselves/remove themselves. Might take me bit since I'm still learning, but this would be a good project for me to tackle.

It'd use the same programming language that the forum uses, so hosting would be no problem.

I'm down to be added to the list. I've got basic hand tools, and I've been wrenching on all kinds of stuff for a while now. I've been lucky enough to have people help me out when I need it, so I can pass it on!

#184 ·
However you're gonna' do it, I'm in. Usually have spare room, always have garage space with heat. Some tools. Ranger PU--no trailer, got friends in the area who're certified wrenches, a couple work for an H-D dealership, so all kinds of help. An hour and a half north of Detroit.

Might have posted this before, don't hurt to do it again.

whack.

#185 · (Edited)
Enclosed transport in all 48 states

I am available for enclosed hauling in and around the lower 48 states

I mostly do vehicle hauling, but I have bike carriers installed
in my enclosed trailer ....

PM me if you need your motorcycle hauled

Thanks!

Jim

Attachments

#188 ·
+most people that dont travel much may not realize how hard it is to find a shop in strange territiry.
Especially of a NON-Factory bike
A wrecker usually cost about $2-250
And will take you 1 place - and you have to name it.
They can find the HD shop, no help if your not HD or you bike is over 10 years old
you can add me for central FL
kickstart257@hotmail.com
trailer, tools, welder and connections

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.