Jockey Journal Forum banner

Salinas Boys Shovelhead Finally Painted...Almost FINISHED!!!!!

39K views 100 replies 55 participants last post by  lorodz 
#1 · (Edited)
This bike has a crazy story behind it. I could write a book about the shit this bike and I have been through haha. Glad the journey of building it is almost complete and the new chapter of putting miles on it is about to begin. Much thanks to Cole and Aaron. And especially my lovely girlfriend who funded the completion of this bike.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Love Coles style on his version of the bobber. I wanted to know why he didn't have any older mills put into the mix. Id have to say this bike nails it even if its not done has to be my favorite Salinas boys style bike hands down! Makes me envious but gives me high hopes for my pile of scrap metal!

#19 ·
Damn that's a clean, great looking bike.

I gotta agree, Cole is probably the best there is, very talented fabricator and such an eye for details and stance of the car/bike. The now famous Blue bobber has to be one of my all time favorite bikes.

#27 ·
man that frame is wild! i always kept seeing this bike around in the background of pics in coles shop, always curious as to what the story was or why i couldnt find any solid info on it, all i could make out was the distictive double stripe tire on a black rim and a cone shovel motor. cant wait to see more man.

#28 ·
haha. Ya it's been in the background awhile. I started working on the bike in 2007. It was just half ass put together for the longest time. It always looked like it was almost done cuz I had it together but I knew how much more shit it needed. Thankfully for my bday in April, my girl and Aaron worked out a deal and he finished it for me. Alotta love in this bike for sure.

#34 ·
Just curious about your fender. Are you planning on running struts/sissy bar? I really like the way it looks without them. I have a 7MW fender that is nice and thick so I'm mulling the idea of running it without struts, It's a thick fender and my OL won't ride with me anyway (Motocrash). I'm going to run my fender a little shorter than yours but I'm concerned that it may wobble too much.
Dig the bike btw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.