Jockey Journal Forum banner

pics of swingarm bobber project

30K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  lilbill 
#1 ·
I dont know why
FLH swingarm bobber
got some shorter shocks and will install tonight.
will post more and better pics later.
let me know what you think (about the bike):D
Bob

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I like it, but can I call it a Fat Bob?
I ran 12" shock on my 72 shovelhead back in the 70's. Never had a problem after the chain "clearanced" the starter housing a little.
Larry T

#10 ·
I like the bobbed fender struts. How about a little radius on the fender where the back section came off? Or maybe something like this?
Larry T

Attachments

#16 ·
Isnt Fat bob a term the people who stand around in the Harley Davidson Dealer parking lot and talk about riding use.
I would hope the Pan pre dates the term "Fat Bob"
as for me it is correct! tee hee
Bob
Bob,
I don't know when the term came about. My Knucklehead was a fatbob (little different I guess) in 1969. My Shovelhead was a fatbob in 1976. Harley invented their Fat Bob around 1980 I think. I guess I should have dropped the caps, sorry bout that.
I will guarantee you there were no bobbers in the late 60s/70s/80s around here. But that's beating a dead horse.
What ever you call it, just keep after it. Looking good.
Larry T

#20 ·
If you can say tee-hee he can say fat-bob,read the sticky.looks killer ,got the same tire fender dilema with my shovel build,this months Horse backstreet has a feature bike you should see,just glanced at it gonna study it tonight looks like he must have welded the shocks into struts cause the fender is so close to the tire there cant be any travel im thinking,look great ,you might want to check it out

#21 ·
this months Horse backstreet has a feature bike you should see,just glanced at it gonna study it tonight looks like he must have welded the shocks into struts cause the fender is so close to the tire there cant be any travel im thinking,look great ,you might want to check it out
I think the guy who built that is on here, I might be wrong but I remember looking at that bike before it was in the Horse thinking, "hows he do that"?

#38 ·

Still needs Chain, Plug wires, oil lines finished, Generator hooked up, little here and there. Not exactly what I would call a "build" but just a fun kick around bike. Been 2 years but last summer was getting the kids WLA done and I didnt have any spare time for this. Hope to have it done this weekend. After motor break in I'm putting a side car on it.
From the last pic I got a feeling I have just lost it....maybe he will let me ride it once and a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.