Jockey Journal Forum banner

Almost "done" shovel

6K views 33 replies 24 participants last post by  fatass 
#1 ·
Despite tornadoes in my backyard, snow, death, divorce, joblessness, school jiggery pokery and my family getting completely sick of dealing with me over this bastard, I'm almost done...wiring, chain, carb, and the finer details is all that's left, before I can take it around the block and watch half the pieces fall back off and my zip ties bust apart:

See less See more
#8 ·
At least you did not mention food stamps. Tell your ex friends and wives to kiss your ass, and go for a ride. You will forget all your problems, if only for a little while.

#24 ·
Nasty oil lines:

Can't seem to make then look worth a shit.
these are fkin cool!!
that's exactly what I want to do on my 79 ironhead....

the oil lifters and some bits on mine are brass, so I was thinking of doing the oil lines in copper..or brass..

are yours copper or brass? what size? as I guess they'll have to be a specific size due to oil flow?

do you have more pics of it, like a details of the connections were made?

#21 ·
look better than mine ( not on my bike at the moment haha)

Maybe if you ran them directly off of the pump towards the middle and then over the top of the tranny and then split up to the different spigots. This would give it a nice solid flow of lines in a group that split up at each end. Follow the underside curve of the exhaust pipes for the rear two lines while the front line splits up almost at the start.

either way looking good fats

#22 ·
I wimped out and ran rubber lines for now. At least I can get around without spewing oil...now there's HUGE difference in power-weight ratio as compared to before...and you could tell the engine was wore slap ass out before. I think this one's a keeper.

Just after this, I wired in the lights and the whatnot.

Still a lot of little things to do, but it's back to being a vehicle, instead of a fashion accessory/ conversation piece /soul-crushing curse:

#26 ·
[QUOTEDespite tornadoes in my backyard, snow, death, divorce, joblessness, school jiggery pokery and my family getting completely sick of dealing with me over this bastard, I'm almost done...wiring, chain, carb, and the finer details is all that's left, before I can take it around the block and watch half the pieces fall back off and my zip ties bust apart:
][/QUOTE]

At least you got your priorities straight!
Great bike you got.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.