Jockey Journal Forum banner

David Mann

328K views 351 replies 177 participants last post by  richbob 
#1 ·
I was at a buddies place tonight and we were shootin the shit, when he tells me how he came across some cool posters in a poster rack that came with a car that he bought. He asked me if i had ever seen these posters before. The fucker got about 15 David Mann posters for free... damnit!!!

Way to cool.. and a good bonus.

My question is, does anyone have a favorite David Mann picture? I grew up with these posted all over my dads shop and others. Way too cool.

See less See more
#89 ·
had most on walls when i was a kid from the mid 70s to mid/late 80s. my favs would be -the 4 bikes with the wicked sissybars,the one withe screwdrivers makin sparks and the 4 page fold out through the seasons.his work was HUGE influence on the things i like in bikes today.

#92 ·
#98 ·
This is a great thread with all the cool pictures bringing back good memories. I was also inspired by his art at an early age with several ideas being borrowed from Dave when I built my Panhead the last time. I'm lucky enough to have 15 of his older prints while working for Ed Roth. These guys are all really wild and are always commented on by people coming over and seeing them for the first time. Anyone know if 15 is the whole set? Occasionally they can be found at swapmeets and on E-bay, but they don't come cheap!

#99 ·
This is a great tribute to David Mann. Not many know this but Denver fashioned his frames after a Mann painting. Streching the front legs so the bike set level just like in the paintings. I painted some of Denvers frames to look like stuff I seen Dave paint. This guy was an insparation to us all.
Mike Mafufa, Berdoo

#100 · (Edited)
I probably know of 8-10 bikes drawn by Dave Mann wich could have been rolled right out of Denver's shop..

(Mostly red and (or) tangerine colored scooters with the typical high mounted Axed tanks, 5" stretch in downtubes, narrow glides- rigids or narrow springer front ends with butterfly bars...)

#104 ·
I probably know of 8-10 bikes drawn by Dave Mann wich could have been rolled right out of Denver's shop..

(Mostly red and (or) tangerine colored scooters with the typical high mounted Axed tanks, 5" stretch in downtubes, narrow glides- rigids or narrow springer front ends with butterfly bars...)
Here's one for example... could have been build by Denver's for sure..!

#109 · (Edited)
Got this about a month ago at a swapmeet in Ohio, it's for the inset of a truck tailgate. Seller said it was from a friend of his in New york.
I must Find a printable Picture of that for inspiration. I've been wanting to do purple for a long time,and that shit works.

Edit
: stupid me,I found a few. still would be nice if you got a few larger,hi res-er copies.

to add further content to this.

I think it may have been posted but This is my fav. It's got 4 things I love most,hah.

#103 ·
thanks danny, the show takes place in ventura ca. i was there and won it in 06. at first i thought id won 3rd place, i got back and found this ribbon on my bike and thought well cool i won something. then an official came over and looked at his clip board and my stat sheet and took the ribbon off! i thought WTF. and he told me there was a mistake and to take my bike to the main stage. i had really taken 1st in that catagory. JQ

Attachments

#116 ·
lol, no dragon, dimond jim's bars are 48" with 16" risers, and he's only about 5'10". mine were 36" with 8" risers and im 6'. and my wife says my knuckls drag the ground, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.