Jockey Journal Forum banner

another land speed build thread

23K views 169 replies 39 participants last post by  HD48FL 
#1 ·
.. ok,so were gettin geared up for next years bub's,and were gonna have a minimum of 2 new race bikes..this one's gonna be killer racer cuz were starting with a ducati s4rs platform.we bought a wrecked one a few years back and it fits the mold of what we wanna do.
motozombie is gonna spearhead the chassis,so we can be sure it'll turn out top notch! after he gets the bike to a roller stage we'll roll it over to the super rat shop and i'll do the exhaust and tank and some of the nic nac stuff.
we sold a bunch of the salvage-able stuff off it so it'll finace the misc stuff we need.
zombie will probably post updates and what-not on here as he does his stuff. we'll post lots-o-pics, cuz if yer anthing like me,you like lookin at pics much more than my mindless blather!

See less See more
#91 ·
thanks everyone! and tyler, we already had our butcher add 26 lbs of beef to our bonneville order cuz we thought you n yer brother were comin! but seriously!..ok, im gonna try load pics, im at my office computer so maybe it will work.

#101 ·
.. just to keep things interesting.. this is a virtual steer-tube front end motozombie just built for another racer were building, we are mocking the frame up with some lumber we bought at home depot..thats why the zip-ties are holding it on.

#108 ·
Super Rat. The build quality is disgustingly great as usual!! I have to ask about the virtual steering. When I saw it I thought you'd built a duplex steering set up. Any more details on it please. I've been dying to build a duplex set up for the sidecar but I've been too nervous to try it.

#109 ·
Hoof, I have been working on the "V-Steer" concept for a couple years. I want to do some trial runs on it before I do any celebrating, but the rake/trail calcs look sound. I felt that Carls small displacement "Lakester" would be a great test bed for this before I build a 200+ machine. I have a new design that incorporates a couple inches of wheel travel also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.