Jockey Journal Forum banner

RIP Doug "Dragon". Ride free Brother.

172K views 491 replies 429 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 ·
Englishman just posted on The Horse board that Doug has left us. I know that some here had problems with him, and some just liked to poke at him from time to time, but I'd like to believe that everyone respected him and his efforts to keep us in line here. I did several deals with him and had quite a few off board conversations, and I've never dealt with a more upstanding individual.

Looks like his pain is finally gone,

Ride free, Brother,
Ride free.

#159 ·
I couldn't have said that better myself. I also hope St Peter doesn't ride a jap bike. I don't know if any of the comments he ever sent my way were friendly, but his wealth of knowlege and uncomprimising judgement were easy to admire. RIP, this place will never be the same.

#161 ·
Damn! I started dealing with Doug over 11 years ago. Thousands of dollars in deals both ways, and thousands of e-mails, and afew phone calls. I was out bar hopping last night and just woke up to this news, and am sitting here in shock. I don't know what else to say other than I lost a friend. I remember telling him he was a better friend to me living thousands of miles away, than guys I hang out with. And thats the truth.

Sixball

#171 ·
Sad news. He left behind a large pair of shoes
that will be very hard to fill. Remember that
some of the men that have been around for
what seems like a long time, won't be here
forever. A prayer for those closest to him.

Ride In Peace

Geo.

#173 ·
Damn sorry to hear this sad news. Dragon was pretty kind to me and my dumb ass questions early on. I'd love to say I wised up, but I am a little smarter thanks to some info and tips Doug passed my way. When I had a problem getting my triple tree to work with my swap meet bars, Doug offered to "swap" me for a nice set he had in his stash. I sent him my POS mis-matched set and a beautifully powder-coated set showed up at my door. I emailed him and offered to send some cash as his were clearly superior to the ones I sent. He wouldn't take anything extra, that is just plain old kindness. RIP man, I hope the roads are clear and skies are sunny up there!

#177 ·
I can't take this in, I didn't know him but he was always felt on the board and often with his posts starting with "SEARCH"! Im going to miss that.
Yeah! Just last week I laughed my ass off, he had a program that typed in "let me do this for you" and it went to google and it typed in what to search for automaticaly and showed all the results. I can't remember if it was here or another board.

Damn I miss that guy

Sixball

#178 ·
So I hear voices wanting to give. Does his Mother still need care? Expenses for arraignments? Ryan, Bozi, any of the guys that had personal dealings with him over the years, is this something we can get some movement on? I've lurked her for years and never given a damn cent for all the information I've learned. Time to pay back.

#187 ·
So I hear voices wanting to give. Does his Mother still need care? Expenses for arraignments? Ryan, Bozi, any of the guys that had personal dealings with him over the years, is this something we can get some movement on? I've lurked her for years and never given a damn cent for all the information I've learned. Time to pay back.
Last I knew (gotta be a year)his mother was still alive but suffering with alzheimers. I don't have any current info though

#179 ·
Hey all,

I'm new here and working on my first build. I've read much and posted little, but I've used this place as a library and I've learned a ton. There's some really amazing shit that I never would've heard or known about if it weren't for guys like Dragon. The old, cranky OG's with years of experience and knowledge about the old stuff are going away. If it weren't for guys like him, the bikes would be gone too. I'm glad that he took the time to babysit this forum and pass on as much knowledge and experience as he did.

Much respect, condolences and thanks,

JT

ps.

Which one of you internet wizards are gonna set up a paypal honorarium account?

I'm in for $20. PM the details.