Jockey Journal Forum banner

RIP Doug "Dragon". Ride free Brother.

172K views 491 replies 429 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 ·
Englishman just posted on The Horse board that Doug has left us. I know that some here had problems with him, and some just liked to poke at him from time to time, but I'd like to believe that everyone respected him and his efforts to keep us in line here. I did several deals with him and had quite a few off board conversations, and I've never dealt with a more upstanding individual.

Looks like his pain is finally gone,

Ride free, Brother,
Ride free.

#139 ·
Wow...my sincere condolences. I've only been on this board for a little while, but I can say one thing...he kept us all in line and kept this board 'working'. Going to have a rough time trying to find someone who even comes close to filling his shoes.

#150 ·
Dragon was one helluva good guy. Honest and righteous. We had spoken a while back about my own illnesses and my need to raise money for that cause. He donated to my effort, willingly and generously. He ran JJ in a fair and honest way. He confided in me about his condition and history. Much of it was the same as my own. However this is a shock. It makes you think about mortality and how little we know of it.
Good God, we need more Dragons in the this world.

R.I.P. Big Man.

E.D.

#151 ·
Just saw this myself. Even though he knew it was coming he took the time to tell me thanks for what I've done for him over the years? ??? I'm glad I was able to straighten him out as it was he who more than once came to my & my family & my friends rescue. Dragon (aka Doug) was A True Brother in every aspect of the word & I'm a better man for knowing him.

RIP It Up & Tear It Down

Ride Forever Free Dragon~ ~~~