Jockey Journal Forum banner

THE ART-DECO BIKE..but seriously!

51K views 320 replies 73 participants last post by  super rat 
#1 ·
so i wasnt gonna do a build thread on this bike,and maybe i shouldnt cuz i cant seem to load pics.but im thinkin its gonna turn out kinda cool.it will probably be the last "custom" bike im gonna build for a long time cuz i got my brain obsessed with building bonneville racers for the fore-see-able future.ill try get pics to load

#188 ·
.. so i took the fairing off and welded everything, if i just tack it all together, by the time im done i gotta weld like 20' in one sitting and that sucks. i had to ad a little material on top to fit the windshield. i always use a way bigger piece than i need then trim it down.

#194 ·
.. finally i got the windshield done! things shud start moving quick on this thing now. im not gonna trim down the fairing much till i get the tank n tail-section done. then i wanna trim the fairing to get the front end on, roll it outside and step back to put an eyball to it. its so hard to know what a bike looks like till you can step back thirty feet or so and squint at it.

#204 ·
yeah, thats a bike ive been workin on for a couple years now off n on. its a blow thru innercooled ironhead. finally got it runnin like a top. gonna beat it around this weekend. i did a thread on it here, you can search ulcer breakfast. and dont worry,im not putting a square headlight on..i actually forgot all about a headlight!

#205 ·
holy bejeezus bat man.. NO LIGHTS !!
**Im still looking at air flow over the engine.

Also looking at all the good shit lying around. Truck engine? couple chops down the back under tarps ...drawing of mad max...posters.
You might aswell set up camera in real time ,pay per view ...

#206 ·
hah! yeah i got alot of projects goin at all times. i'll put a light on it somewhwere. most of the fairing is gonna get cut up with openings for airflow. i just try n keep it rigid as long as i can, make mounts and stuff. cuz as soon as you start cutting openings into it, it starts changing shape in a big hurry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.