Jockey Journal Forum banner

Knucklehead Barn Find or Truck Find?

11K views 54 replies 44 participants last post by  panhead_pete 
#1 ·
Just found this 1942 Harley FL Knucklehead in the back of an old truck from a listing in a local advertisment

The bike was stored in the back of this truck since 1969 when it was parked. The owner was from California and at one point had the bike stripped down and raced in the desert. It was bought out of California in the early 50's and owned by the same guy ever since. He passed away and his family inherited his things, they didn't want the bike so it found it's way to me.

The bike has a toolbox full of tools and an extra can of oil in the saddlebag, a true time capsule.

Thought you folks would like the pictures

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See less See more
#46 ·
Hey Mike, I understand what you are sayin, but think about it this way--if you found that bike for dirt cheap and could sell it for $30K, why not do it. You could turn around and get a knuckle project or complete pan for $10K, use some money to build the bike up nice, and still have $15K in your pocket. Not everyone wants to ride stockish bikes, and there is a slew of dudes willing to spend big bucks on that stuff. I know for me, I would rarely ride a kinda stock bike like that. I think they are super cool, and I would love to own one as a 4th bike or something, but I like choppers. Just another perspective.

#47 · (Edited)
Part sarcasm, part trend identification. You see a lot of that "Hey, look what *I* found!!" then see it for sale. Certainly their prerogative; no harm, no foul.

Now personally...without knowing what he paid for it, if I could get $20-$30k for that bike? In a heartbeat.

Option A., ride around on a knucklehead. Option B., have 25 large in my pocket?

Simply not worth that kind of $ to me just to ride an old bike. I know others differ, please enjoy.

Edit: Whoops. What Nutz said too.

#51 ·
Look at it this was ya got a Knuck on the cheep ya keep it its better than the stock market ,goes up in $ every yr,You can ride something that not to many folks have.
Life experiance on that there scooter......PRICELESS!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.