Jockey Journal Forum banner

Max Schaaf's Latest Bike

59K views 89 replies 80 participants last post by  BTS13 
#1 ·
how do you like that title? it took me all day to come up with it. if my cutting and pasting skills are up to snuff then below this text, there should be a picture of my freshly completed bike, masterfully crafted by oakland's own max schaaf. the bike is absolutely insane and i'm lucky as hell to have it, it's my absolute favourite. oh and jasin phares did the wiring. oh, and i'll have to write in the name of the dude in sacramento who worked on the frame. max said he's totally awesome.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

thanks max

See less See more
#59 ·
the bike is great but so is max

he's a new school guy who does old school work
he always had his own style with skate B.
look at his shed --workshop its perfect to build bikes like these
he takes whatever he can get ,and build it into a winner !

like i said before i don't like the clinical shops and the fuckin OCC mentality
MAX RULES !!!

#83 ·
Me too The vespa is currently torndown being rebuilt. I could only get it up to 93mph before. My goal is 120 with some tweaking and mollosi jugs. and a T5 fourth gear. if that doen't get it. I'm going to go to NOS injectors that only kick in at top end full throttle
Some tweaking and a Malossi kit? My Vespa chop had a reed valve from an RD400 welded to the top of the cases, welded in and re-cut transfers and a Polini 210 kit and was good for about 90-95 with a 7% overdrive and a 4" tire. A T5 4th gear is lower than the stock P200e 4th gear so i don't know if will help you with top whack, it usually just helps you maintain 75 on the freeway. Malossi or Polini makes a 15% overdrive that will get you closer to the ton. I've been out of scooters for a while but back in the late 90's very few people had seen 100mph on a Vespa although Lambrettas could do it.

Might wanna weld the crank after you press it together and true it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.