Jockey Journal Forum banner

7MW-Aluminum fenders, oil tanks, stainless struts.

78K views 83 replies 36 participants last post by  cabana dan 
#1 · (Edited)
7-Metal-West: Ribbed Aluminum Fenders, Oil Bags, Sissy Bar Style Fender Struts

JJ members receive $10 off fenders by ordering from the JJ members page here:

http://www.7metalwest.com/jj_pricing

Heavy 10 gage (.100" thk) fenders. 5" wide x 36" long to fit a 16" wheel.

Oil Tanks: Custom made vertical beehive, horizontal ribbed, and standard spun aluminum tanks

Sissy Bar Style Fender Struts: Height adjustable 3/8" stainless sissy bar fender struts

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: 7 Metal West - Bee Hive Oil Tanks

For some reason, my response was removed from the thread in which I originally bought my tank in the swap section.

In any regards, this tank is fucking gorgeous beyond belief. As soon as I get my '49 closer, I'll post some pics on the main board...hopefully those won't get deleted as well.

#10 · (Edited)
New Oil Tank and Bracket line out 1/08

New line of tanks and brackets coming out late January, we wanted to offer more options and lower cost units with the same great quality of our other tanks.

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)

Started a thread the other day about 1" solid alumiunum handlebars. I'd like to bend some for my project. I have a bender that can bend these no problem, but I would have to tool it up. Wondering if there would be any interest out there if I were to offer 1" solid aluminum bars. If there is enough interest I would pop for the tools. Any thoughts?

I may have to add a little for shipping if a guy ordered apes or something odd shaped.

#16 · (Edited)
FS: Vertical ribbed oil tank q/c reject

(Sold) Never used, pressure tested and functional vertical ribbed aluminum oil tank. Tank measures 5" x 10.25" x .125" thick and holds 3.0 qt's of oil and about .25-.5 qts of air. When welding the two tank halves together, they moved on me causing about a .060" misalignment. Not real noticeable unless your looking for it, but not good enough to sell full price. Looking for $150.00 shipped to the continental US or $180.00 shipped anywhere else.

Attachments

#18 · (Edited)

1" solid aluminum drag bars. 24.5" wide, 4.5" pullback, and 6" of knurl. Stronger and lighter than 1" x .120 steel bars and require no finishing. JJ members $30 plus shipping.

Attachments

#21 ·

Dan does some super nice work and is a stand up guy to boot, he helped support our first shop party this summer, the Lowbrow Customs Backyard Beer Brawl with an oil tank and some brass moon tank mounts that he whipped together on short notice and donated for the raffle!

Hey Dan, nice that you got your tank on that cover shot, looking good

Cheers
Tyler

#24 · (Edited)

4 qt. Spun Aluminum Oil Tank $260 shipped to the lower 48

Durable .125" thick x 5.125" diameter x 11.5" long spun aluminum oil tank with .125" thick stainless mount brackets and screw on oil cap for $255 plus shipping.

This is a nice alternative to a Moon tank. Same oil capacity, a thicker more dent resistant tank, more durable stainless brackets for $50 less.

Attachments

#25 · (Edited)

Triumph T-kit with restrictor $40.00 shipped lower 48:

Make any oil tank compatible with your Trump with this kit. Included are:

(1) 3/8" X 3/8" X 1/4" brass barbed Tee
(1) section of 3/8" oil line 4 ft long
(1) section of 1/4" oil line 2 ft long
(1) 3/8" OD x 3/16" ID aluminum restrictor fitting
(6) stainless steel Norma hose clamps designed not to cut into the hose when tighted

Push the aluminum restrictor into the return line that goes between the tank and the Tee fitting to get the proper restriction needed and you're ready to go.

Attachments

#28 ·

Met Dan at Rockerbox in Milwaukee this past weekend, he seems like a real nice guy in addition to doing top notch work. Nice meeting you Dan!

Tyler

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.