Jockey Journal Forum banner

The Deadbird Chop – pic heavy

34K views 149 replies 71 participants last post by  JAWS 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I'm a little embarrassed to admit it, but I started this build more than 5 years ago. In fact, by the time I actually get it on the road it will have been 6 years since I first bought the pile. But hey, it's my first ever motorcycle. That ought to be worth something, right? Anyway, I started a thread a long time ago. Seemed better to just start over since the thing is actually coming together now. I'm going to post progress pics from where I started up to where I am now. Hey, after all, it has been almost 6 years. There's a bunch to post, so here goes nothin'.

This is what I bought. Man, what was I thinking? I got a clear title with it, which is worth a bunch in Illinois.

See less See more
#7 ·
Then more time passed, the kids grew, I finished a VW project, blah, blah, blah… Finally got back to it and started fabricating some stuff.
Brake stay from a VW convertible top part.

Fender mount and other stuff turned on my newly acquired Southbend lathe.

I'm kind of proud of thee head steadies. Lots of failed attempts before I got it the way I wanted.

Lower mount for the oil bag.

This post has been deleted
#31 ·
I think he would like to. But no way, not yet. She's mine, all mine. :cool:

Nice Man!! And I dig the Raleigh Chopper!! I had a couple of them bikes!!!
Thanks man. Yeah, I've always been a Brit bike guy I guess. My first was a brand new 69 MK1 - Rally green 5-speed and a head rest. Should have kept that one.

LEE!!!! Whats up man!!!!! After hearing about this at the last few pileups during the sign setups, its super rad to see it!!! Great job man!!
Hey Ryan, I was hoping you would see this. Hopefully it will be ready for Torquefest or at least Wayland!

man Lee, that's a lot of work to get done in one day! haha

Looking great!
One day and 5 years maybe. :eek: Thanks Clay. I'm heavily influenced by your builds.

Get this thing done so you can start a thread with that Ironhead.
Patience my man. We can't let the cat out of the bag just yet. :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for the comments. More pics to come. I promise!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.